• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Money court claim against me Blackhorse/Fenton Cooper/Arrow global

misf1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a claim through Northampton court for a very old debt,

they claim it is not statute barred as there were payments made a couple of years ago.

I thought once a default had fallen off your credit file as it was over 6 years old that it was SB.

They've sent me lists of payments made through a DCA.

I contacted them and offered payment in installments if they withdrew the court claim, they agreed and

then when I sent them my income and expenditure they agreed to take installments through the court as part of the CCJ which I have been trying to avoid.

They said they would only stop the court claim if I paid in full now.

I explained I don't have the money to pay now or I would.

The court claim is very vague and I was wondering if I could defend the claim in some way

and then be able to set up payments and totally avoid the CCJ.

I have only just seen the default fall off my credit file and to have a CCJ now would mean my credit file has taken a hammering for 12 years (once the CCJ falls off).

Any help would be grately appriciated as I don't have long to file a defence now as I've been talking to the DCA's legal team.

I was also mis sold PPI on the loan but when approaching the original lender they refused my claim a year or so ago. The print off of the payments from 2011 show nothing really, not my name, no bank info, just a list of dates and amounts and the name of a DMP company which payments are said to have come from, no account number no nothing.

But did you make the payments misf ?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I don't think so but I don't know. It was all done through a debt management plan.

I didn't think I included this debt but I may have had others with Fenton cooper that were with the debt management plan.

I want to pay the money I just dont want a CCJ and I want all the charges like PPI taken off.

" I want to pay the money I just dont want a CCJ and I want all the charges like PPI taken off."

Well the only possibility of that is to defend all of it for now.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

What are their Particulars of claim (verbatim) less any identifiable data?

The claimants claim against the defendant misf1 the sum of 1000 due under the following account -*********- 1000 assigned to the claimant by Lloyds Black Horse Ltd, notice of which has been provided to the defendant.

They haven't attached anything else to the claim, they just sent me some stuff in the post

No there not required to attach anything to the N1.I assume this is a current account Overdraft?

Ah ok so what has the claimant sent in the post?

Have you ever requested a copy of the agreement?

Did you ever receive a Default Notice and Notice of Assignment from AG?

I received a default notice from black horse in 2006 but they haven't sent me a copy as part of the claim. They sent me a copy of the agreement , I do not have nor have never recieved a notice of assignment from AG

Ok if you get chance scan and post a copy of the Agreement and DN less any identifiable data retracted for tomorrow then we can look at your options of defence.

Regards

Andy

They also sent me a spreadsheet of payments made by the Debt management people,

it consists of dates 2006-2011 and the amount paid and the name of the DMP.

They've also sent a copy of the direct debit I signed with the agreement.

A list of payments, interest and fees from black horse from 2005-2006

But who sent you the copy of the agreement?

Did you request it?

Yes I requested it as I thought it was SB

Once you received the Summons? did you request it using a section 77 request?

Bit confused here misf..apologies but I need to know all the details leading to summons

Why would a Solicitor send you a copy of the agreement of your PL before litigation.Was you acting on their LBA (Letter before Action)?

this one smells a bit!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry, i'm confused too.

They sent me a letter february 2012 asking for the money in full

I sent an SB letter,

they sent me a letter stating it wasn't SB and included

all the agreements and

spreadsheet schedule of payments

and that was it

I heard nothing more until December

when they called me about a debt,

I didn't know what they were taking about as they were very vague on the phone a

nd they sent me all this information again.

I wrote back and they ignored it,

the next thing I know I have a court claim.