• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

I'm A New Member, HELLO!!! Help If You Can.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3729 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Caggers!

I've just joined this forum as I need help with a number of issues and this seems to be the one-stop-shop for most of them. Unfortunately I'm useless at navigating forums in general so need some guidance in the first instance on where to ask questions to make sure I maximise the number of members seeing my posts in the right threads!

All advice is welcome as I'm pretty much clueless!

Cheers

Hi choosty. Could you give a little more info on your issues? You can then be guided to the right forum :)

Welcome to CAG!

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hello Caggers!

I've just joined this forum as I need help with a number of issues and this seems to be the one-stop-shop for most of them. Unfortunately I'm useless at navigating forums in general so need some guidance in the first instance on where to ask questions to make sure I maximise the number of members seeing my posts in the right threads!

All advice is welcome as I'm pretty much clueless!

Cheers

Hi Welcome to CAG,

Please choose a forum suitable for your needs, then others will be along to help you!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Renegade,

I'm looking for assistance with "do it yourself" PPI claims for very old loan/CC accounts of which I remember little or nothing about and don't have any paperwork for and also for rent negotiation/tenancy agreement renewals (Me being the tenant looking for cheaper rent but also wanting to stay where I am).

Please point me in the right direction!

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

• 1 month later...

Ok Guys now I'm in the correct section for PPI, here's what I can recollect/have documents for:

Capital One CC:

• No docs from Capital One.
  • This account went into default.
  • 1 account statement from Lowell Portfolio I Ltd dated 13/07/2009, giving details of agreement date, opening/closing balances

Alliance & Leicester unsecured Loan:

• Annual statements from 5/4/2004 with insurance amount and interest amounts
  • This account went into default
  • Letters from Wescott offering early settlement for 50% discount
  • Annual statements from Santander now asking for the remaining 50% and adding interest onto now!!

Llloyds TSB Unsecured Loan:

• Annual account statements from LTSB. No insurance values etc.
  • This account went into default.
  • Letters from AIC International Credit (UK) Ltd. and LTSB confirming settlement of the account.

Lloyds TSB CC:

• This account was understood to be cleared with payments against my loan with LTSB
  • Recently began to receive letters from Lowell Portfolio I Ltd. chasing balance even though not appearing on my credit report. I want to check for PPI against this too now.

Let the fun begin eh??!!!

Obvious question but do any of the accounts have PPI on them, if just general debt issues suggest a thead for each in the correct forum

Thats the main thing. I can see on the A&L Loan there is an insurance premium and then interest attached to that, but the others I absolutely don't know as the accounts were opened that long ago that my memory fails me if I was offered PPI or if took it.

So I guess my primary task is to find that out and get my hands on copies of the original agreement docs? I know it's not a great start that I lost/ binned these things ages ago, but that's the problem with the mind set of a "devil may care" youngster to start with!!

OK CCA requests to the Debt collection agencies that have contacted you cost is £1 which is a statutory fee, they DCA has 12+2 working days to comply with the agreements. BUT if you want details of the account you will need to make a ''Subject Access Request'' under the Data Protection Act 1998, there is a £10 statutory fee payable and the CREDITOR has 40 days to comply.

So CCA requests to the DCAs, SARs to the original creditors, there are templates for both requests in the CAG Library.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

OK CCA requests to the Debt collection agencies that have contacted you cost is £1 which is a statutory fee, they DCA has 12+2 working days to comply with the agreements. BUT if you want details of the account you will need to make a ''Subject Access Request'' under the Data Protection Act 1998, there is a £10 statutory fee payable and the CREDITOR has 40 days to comply.

So CCA requests to the DCAs, SARs to the original creditors, there are templates for both requests in the CAG Library.

Ok I'll get cracking, Thank very much for the info and the links to CAG mail, what a good idea!

• 9 months later...
Your welcome, please let us know how you get on!!

Well... After 9 months exactly I've finally got my finger out and sent a SAR letter out to Capital One with a £10 postal order.

I think I'll tackle one account investigation after the other.

They've got til 16th Feb to reply so lets see if they play ball :|

Im just being nosy here, but why the long delay? The key to dealing with Capone is to do everything smooth, fast and by the book. if you give them room to make a mistake, you can guarantee theyll do it.

Well... After 9 months exactly I've finally got my finger out and sent a SAR letter out to Capital One with a £10 postal order.

I think I'll tackle one account investigation after the other.

They've got til 16th Feb to reply so lets see if they play ball :|[/QUO

Tackle each debt individually, keep a separate file for each one, keep all correspondence.

Im just being nosy here, but why the long delay? The key to dealing with Capone is to do everything smooth, fast and by the book. if you give them room to make a mistake, you can guarantee theyll do it.

Oh a number of things not to mention moving home and welcoming a new addition to my family :) been a bit pre disposed with spent nappies and night feeds! 2014 is the year to get all this put to bed if not for me then certainly for the bairn!

• 3 weeks later...

OK! So I got back a pack of paper from Cap One on Friday. I've gone through it and to be honest I dont really know where to start.

What I have done is list out and add up all PPI, Interest, and late payment charges.

How do I tackle trying to make a claim against unfair PPI/charges. Is what I've done enough and do I claim blindly, or are there a few ususal things that I need to look out for in the paperwork?