• Tweets

• I can only speak from personal experience. But a similar thing happened to me. Seriously dented door.  I made the other insurance pay. They regarded it as a write off. Took the money, replaced the door. Never heard anything more about it.    Except clearly someone sold my details to claims company, because I got loads of calls in bad English for a few month's 
    • The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Employer restricting holidays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, hope someone can advise

My husband has been working for the same company for around 3 years now. He works on average a 50 hour week with overtime.

He put in a request for annual leave a few weeks ago and was told that leave is now restricted to 2.5 days a month.

He is pretty peeved as there is a bloke he works with who has just gone off abroad for a week, he also gets his holidays carried over or bought back off him if he doesn't use them. My husband does not get this but they do the same job.

There is nothing in my husbands contract that states he can only take 2.5 days per month and nothing about accrued holidays

Is his employer allowed to do this?

Many thanks in advance for any advice

first of i think you have got things wrong the 2.5 days per month is what you get holiday wise not that he can only go away for 2.5 days .

12 months = 30 days holiday which i very good you will take the 30 days over the period of 12 months ie. 2 weeks in july , 1 week in november ect.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

One possibility is that the company might now only say for leave once it's accrued - that's what my employer does so, I took 7 days leave in January but won't get said for it until I've accrued that much leave which means end of March/April time!!

Feebee_71

• Confused 1

No its definately right huggy. They are saying he can only take a maximum of 2.5 days. He put in for 4 days leave and was told he could not have it as its a maximum of 2.5 days per month that he can take in any one month.

He has been up to the office this morning to try again and the secretary up there said he had been refused yet again becasue he can only take 2.5 days each month

They arent allowed to do that. Hopefully Emmzii can come along soon and clarify for you. Technically they COULD restrict when the holidays are allowed to be taken, but that would have to apply to everyone. Not just one specific person. If it was the latter, then it COULD be construed as bullying/harassment etc.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If the employer wishes they can indeed dictate the exact days holidays are taken. However this sounds like a simple admin cockup to me. Has there been a change of hr staff or management lately?

I'd tend to ask in writing, politely, for clarification, maybe say that it has previously been possible to take eg a 2 week summer vacation and asking for clarification on how this might be possible in the future.

• Confused 1

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

The Working Time Regs state that you are entitled to a minimum number of days per year paid holiday, many companies give more holiday then the minimum or dont include bank holidays etc. To take your holiday you are obliged to give notice in writing of not less then twice the time to be taken off, ie if you want a fortnights holiday you must give 4 weeks notice. If you company refuses to let you take that particular time off the denial must be in writing, within a given timescale and be for "operational reasons". If they dont do that you are entitled to the holiday booked and you cannot be disciplined for doing so.

well, that is what the law says. Many companies dont understand the requirements or will use the operational reasons to mean anything they want it to mean. this idea of only taking 2.5 says a month is someone strangling their interpretation of the regs and sounds, as Emmzzi suggets, like a new person getting the 2 halves of the company holiday rules mixed up. Ask whoever makes the decisions that would cover all staff to clarify and if you dont get that answer, ask again in writing pointing out that it is the intention to go on holiday for a fortnight at the beginning of July and that your application is in line with the WTD and you expect a proper written reply in the allowed time. If you have booked a holiday and the company cant give a proper reason for not letting you take it they can become liable for your losses but you hubby wont be working there long after winning that one. Basically get clarification in writing ans someone will spot the error.

• Confused 1

Thank you for the replies. Yes he does have an employee handbook and a contract. He has brought these home tonight and the relevant bits say:

The holiday year runs Jan 1st to 31st December. You are entitled to 6 weeks holiday a year calculated at the rate of 1/52nd of the annual entitlement for each complete week of service remaining in the current holiday year

In addition to your holiday entitlement you may take and be paid for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.

Carrying over holidays - You MUST take your entitlement durin the holiday year, holidays may not be carried forward into the next holiday year nor will you receivepayments for holidays nottaken. (they have been doing this for another employee)

There is a bit more but it is just about what they class as public bank holidays and how they will be paid and that they wont agree to a holiday which is longer than 2 weeks

Hope this helps.

So it looks like its one rule for your partner, one rule for everyone else.

As Emmzii advised above, ask your HR department for full clarification of the rules. If they differ, then ask why you were never informed of the changes and had an updated contract.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hello again and thank you for the information.

So it looks as if 2 weeks off would be OK, as long as your OH gave the right amount of notice as advised by ericsbrother.

The guys know more than me, but I think I've read here that they can't stop your OH taking all his leave if they're not going to carry it over, or they have to reach another arrangement. Don't quote me though. :)

I think we're getting there, aren't we?

HB

• Confused 1

Illegitimi non carborundum