JSA after employment terminated due to incapability

hbomb2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife is having her employment terminated by her employer due to incapability. She has severe rheumatism and dizzy spells and has been off work for over a year. She was working part time for 15 hours per week. If her firm terminates her contract will she be able to claim JSA?

Your wife may hasve a choice, if her GP/Consultant states that she is not fit to work at present then she can claim Employment Support Allowance. If the GP states she is either fit or has some health restrictions then she can claim JSA.

so may I ask flumps1976 please.....on jsa with health restrictions? would that mean that only work suitable and taking into consideration those restrictions would be the only work a claimant would be expected to take/do? and can that also be in relation to hours worked? sorry to hijack the thread, brother in similar situation to OP.

My wife tried to claim ESA when her SSP period had ran out. She want for the infamous interview that they carry out and because she can lift her arms and dress herself they decided she would not be eligible. This was probably an unusual situation because she was employed at the time and it is an option to claim for ESA if SSP is no longer paid after the 26 week period. However, the interview by ASOS, as we all probably agree is an utter farce and doesn't cover things such as rheumatism or dizziness unless you are totally confined.

Ruby Tuesday the restrictions need to be based on an indivdual basis, if the fit note states that person is fit to work but with restrictions then I believe the restrictions can be noted on the fit note by the GP.

The hours can be restricted if someone needs them to be e.g. someone has a condition that tires them quickly (ME, heart disease two that I can think of off the top of my head) but they could work for a maximum of 16 hours per week then that can be considered.

Then the restrictions on the type of work if someone suffers black outs then they would not be suitable for driving or work that involves heavy lifting.

But as I said it is considered on an individual basis.