Anglian water debt sold onto DCA being chased by 2 DCA for the same debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Some advice of where I go to Anglian water or the DCA (2) of them

I moved out of my house 4 years ago. ( I now have no bills in my name moved into my partners house and he meets all the bills)

After 2 years I received a letter chasing 500.00 in outstanding water bill from westcoft, now I was not good at paying the water, other bills like rent council tax slightly more important.

So I set up a DD for 20.00 a month this went out my account quite happily for months,

then Christmas 2011 the payment didn't go out

I contacted my bank who told me westcoft had stopped it,

I knew nothing about this was totally unaware,

called Anglian water who said they would check and return.

In the meantime I made couple of payments to Westcroft who sent me a letter telling me to stop paying them.

Nothing at all until January 2013 I received a letter from a DCA saying I owed 473.00

- disputed this with them ( have proof of payments etc) letter from them saying they would investigate

and return to me, nothing until received a letter from Tocca saying I owe 473.00 same letter to them

- no I don't and asking them what the orginal debt was and asking for details of previous payments I had made so I could match them up.

Few days later letter from SJ DCA threatening court action for debt.- just sent copy of previous letter saying same thing

Do I complain to Anglian Water or let them take me to court and defend it?

I have proof of payments, I have the letter from Westcot advising me to stop paying them

All I want is the amount of the orginal debt as I am sure it was around the 500.00 mark but am not exactly sure and proof that all the payments I made were received.

It is not a case of 2 DCAs chasing the same debt it would appear that the debt has been either sold on or assigned to a 3rd party by Westcott.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

You need to send an SAR to Anglian so you can see exactly what has gone on, if they have sold the arrears to a DCA or just using them as collectors.

You also need to see what the original amount was. Send this to Anglian by recorded delivery.

Who is the DCA threatening legal action ? It would appear that Westcott have purchased the debt and they have instructed their own in house DCA to pursue.

If you had an arrangement to pay with the original creditor/company and Wescott refused/stopped the payments, then I would think they might have a few problems.

Have you actually been advised that Westcott now own the debt ? And who are the DCA pursuing you ?

Have a read of the article linked below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?840-Stop-your-bank-or-lender-breaching-their-instalment-agreement

When Wescott purchased the debt they purchased it with a payment arrangement in place. They are obliged to honour that arrangement. To simply stop the DD or refuse to accept payments from you is a breach of the OFT guidelines. If they wanted you to make payments direct to them, they should have provided you with the new details.

Perhaps write to them and advise that you are not a happy bunny that they are obliged to honour the arrangement in place when they purchased the account and they should provide you with the bank details. That you are prepared to continue the arrangement that was in place at the monthly amount of £?? . If they are not prepared to accept this and continue to have their attack dogs threaten you with court then you will be happy to let them put their claim before a Judge.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The letters I have to hand is on Westcot dated 15/06/2012saying we are no longer managing this account therefore the payment has been forwarded to our client so this would indicate to you the debt has not been sold to Westcot the letter also say you should stop making any further payments to Westcot in respect of this account.

Letter from Tocatto dated 08/01/2013 saying standard you owe 453.50 etc wrote to them asking for details of orginal amount and payments received, letter back from Tocatto saying investigating 16/01/2013 nothing back fromTocatto

Letter from SRJ debt recoveries saying you owe 453.50 you have failed to respond to correspondence etc...threatening court

Ok, send the letter which I have attached below. Your aim is to establish ownership of the account.

Send it to SRJ. If they have a head office/registered address on their letter - send it there - you should send it using Recorded or Special Delivery so you can see that it has been received.

[ATTACH]41757[/ATTACH]

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

urm..

got to admit something smells here

anglian water dont sell water debts

they goto court if they want their money.

under what pretense are you assuming you actually OWE this money?

if its simply because you got threat-o-grams and got spoofed into it

then me thinks you are being cash cowed?

there are industry standards that state if the untility have not sent YOU a bill in the last 12mts

then the cannot backdate what you ow past 12 mts.

get that sar off to anglian water

i doubt any of the money paid has gone of the water 'debt' but into the dca's pocket

stop all payments now.

and STAY OFF THAT PHONE

to the dca's.

i agree with above.

well take me to court then...i'm not paying anything more

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

I have had wetcloths chasing me on behalf of anglian water for a bill of £900 from an old address, which apparently defaulted in 2005.

I told them I no nothing of this. They said they will investigate further. Even got a letter saying they will not call or write while the investigation is underway.

LET them investigate, check your credit files to see if they are repoting this.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

never ever pay for a water debt of more than 12mts old

if the water compny has not contacted you in the last 12mts with a bill.

spoof!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...