Court action impending - water company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my first post and I am wondering if someone can give me advice. I have checked through several threads and made notes but am now confused as to how to proceed.

Just a brief explanation so far: I have received a claim form from Northampton Bulk Centre regarding impending action. I am searching through my paperwork and am panicking. I only received it on 13.2.13 and the date of issue is 13.2.13, so I only have a short time to reply.

I am sending back my acknowledgement stating that I am going to be contesting the claim. I requested my water company allow me to install a water distiller and have found that the Dept of Health will cover the payments for this. I have received no response from the water company, just a string of aggressive and threatening letters.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Hi Conniff, thaks for moving my post. I wasn't sure if this was the right place or not.

The claim is for non-payment (around £250), altough I have been making regular small payments. I have also made several attempts to get South East Water to agree to me having a water distiller installed, and understad the Dept of Health will cover the costs under their legislation. SE Water have ignored my requests and continued to send aggressive letters. Any suggestions as to how to proceed would be useful as I have no knowledge of court procedure and would prefer it if the water co would just let me install the distiller. Thanks in advance.

Hi guys and thanks. I have received a claim form from NCCBC which I have acknowledged South East Water are taking me to court for non-payment, although I have been making regular small payments for some time. I have requested that I get a distiller installed which the Dept of Health will cover the cost of under current regulations. No response from SE Water re. this, just more threats. The amount owing is about £250. If there is any more information you need, please let me know. Thank you in advance for any help.

What happened to me was they took me to court (I did not go) they then proceeded to get a charging order for bill on my house... £450 all in all !

Not sure if your a house owner or not but thats the way it happened for me.

Best of luck

Eggy12