BankFodder BankFodder

laurilou

LLoyds and Closing a credit card account

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2556 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hey everyone,

Just looking for some advice etc, hopefully someone can help me :smile:

I have a credit card account with Lloyds, but now i would like to just close the account. The only problem i have is that i still need to pay back atleast £5000 (unfortunatly it spiralled out of control about half a year ago and i'm finding it very hard to keep up!). Does anyone know if i am still able to close the account and just pay off what i owe, or do i have to keep it open until its all cleared?

I've been trying to find an address to write to Lloyds, but as its a credit card enquiry all they will give me is a phone number....which no one ever answers :mad2:

cheers x

Hi welcome to CAG there will be an address on the statments, you can cut up the card(through the magnetic strip) send it back and make an offer of payment yo can reasonably afford.

Are there lots of charges and/or PPI on the account.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

hi, thanks for your quick reply!!

I have just had a look at my bank statement....and there isn't actually any address on there ¬_¬ apart from the one that i have to send payments to by giro.

go up on the website

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

ideally this might not be the best way to deal with the issue

i gather you might be hoping they will stop interest and charges

by doing this?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

edit. if in difficulties and want to try and get interest frozen advise as such see what they do. they are supposed to consider interest freezes where there are difficulties. bear in mind any poss default.

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant: