DW Fitness gym query

Jorge Santos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello guys

First of all i would like to apologize if my english is not enough good to try to explain my situation but everybody knows we are in England to try to learn William Shakspeares language loool

Well 6 months ago I signed a contract with DW gym but they had a problem with my bank account so I couldnt go inside and they didnt take my money out, now i would like to know what is gonna happen: Can they ask me for this 6 months contract? If i not cancel are they gonna increase the debt? What do u recommend me? They still didnt put in contact with me thank u very much for ur help and advices if u need any extra information please do not hesitate to tell me thanks :)

You have explained yourself ok :)

I have alerted others who might know the answer to your question. I am sure they will respond soon.

Although from what you describe - although you did indeed enter into a contract. They have not received any money and you have not received any gym time.

Are you concerned that they might resurrect the contract and say you owe them money ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would suggest cancelling on the grounds that the membership was not properly set up so the gym facility was not available.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Jorge. I have changed the title of your thread, to make it more relevant to your case.

Please can you tell us:-

1. When you signed the membership agreement with the gym, do you know why they could not take your payments.

2. Has DW Fitness written to you asking for payments.

3. Has any other company written to you for payments. ARC Europe deal with DWF membership administration.

You should cancel the Direct Debit Mandate by contacting you bank. If you do not cancel the DD mandate, DWF may suddenly start taking payments without asking you first.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Jorge. I have changed the title of your thread, to make it more relevant to your case.

Please can you tell us:-

1. When you signed the membership agreement with the gym, do you know why they could not take your payments.

2. Has DW Fitness written to you asking for payments.

3. Has any other company written to you for payments. ARC Europe deal with DWF membership administration.

You should cancel the Direct Debit Mandate by contacting you bank. If you do not cancel the DD mandate, DWF may suddenly start taking payments without asking you first.

Good morning everyone sorry for being late i was working a lot of hours this last days. Thank u for ur answer slick and im gonna answer ur questions:

1- probably its cos i left the cardholder empty when i filled up the contract, cos the rest its perfect.

2- nobody contacts with me during this months and even now nobody call me or send me an email or letter.

3- no, i didnt recive any letter yet from any agencie or Dw company.

Will be good if i go to the bank and cancel all the payments that they could do in the future? Thank u very much for urs advices

Hi Jorge,

Yes, take letter into the bank saying :-

Please cancel my Direct Debit mandate which I made in favour of DW Fitness Gym last summer.

If the gym wanted money from you because you signed an agreement with them, they should have taken action to sort this matter months ago.

It's too late now for them to make any demands or try to use the Direct Debit mandate.

Edited by slick132

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)