Help with going to ESA trial after being placed in WRG

Tashie026
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Couple of questions:

So does she need to say at the tribunal what she is appealing against? (i.e which descriptor?)

Also spoke to the practice manager about getting a gp report for her. The practice manager phoned the court and they said that the first time someone goes to tribunal appealing to be in the support group it is normally stopped and then more medical evidence is requested, but surely this is just a waste of everyones time and the tax payers money.

How many times will she have to go to tribunal? I think it costs about £8,000 a time to take an individual to tribunal.

Surely the government would be better paying tax payers money on the people who are sick not paying out to take people to court time and time again! This makes me very angry.

The practice manager said that once she has seen the neurologist the GP will do a letter for her to take to court.

Couple of questions:

So does she need to say at the tribunal what she is appealing against? (i.e which descriptor?)

Also spoke to the practice manager about getting a gp report for her. The practice manager phoned the court and they said that the first time someone goes to tribunal appealing to be in the support group it is normally stopped and then more medical evidence is requested, but surely this is just a waste of everyones time and the tax payers money.

How many times will she have to go to tribunal? I think it costs about £8,000 a time to take an individual to tribunal.

Surely the government would be better paying tax payers money on the people who are sick not paying out to take people to court time and time again! This makes me very angry.

The practice manager said that once she has seen the neurologist the GP will do a letter for her to take to court.

Absolutely I would say you need to quote which descriptor. Sadly, you need to spell it all out.

Have you got a copy of the Support descriptors? I'm sure I posted it on another thread recently, but I can't remember where. :(

I'm sorry to be picky again, but it's not court. It's HMCTS, courts and tribunals service. My tribunal wasn't scary.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I'm sorry if I do not always use the correct terminology. It is the first time my wife and I have been though anything like this, so please bear with us. Many thanks for all your help/advice to date. Thanks we do have a list of the descriptors which I have printed out for her.

This is taken from the DWP ESA214 document dated January 2012. to get 15 points.

12. Awareness of 15 everyday hazards (such as boiling water or sharp objects).

(a) Reduced awareness of everyday hazards leads to a significant risk of: (i) injury to self or others; or

(ii) damage to property or possessions such that they require supervision for the majority of the time to maintain safety.

Have they now changed this descriptor and added in - "due to cognitive or mental disorder"

This is all driving me round the bend. Where can I get a copy of THE LATEST UP TO DATE DESCRIPTORS.

This is taken from the DWP ESA214 document dated January 2012. to get 15 points.

12. Awareness of 15 everyday hazards (such as boiling water or sharp objects).

(a) Reduced awareness of everyday hazards leads to a significant risk of: (i) injury to self or others; or

(ii) damage to property or possessions such that they require supervision for the majority of the time to maintain safety.

Have they now changed this descriptor and added in - "due to cognitive or mental disorder"

This is all driving me round the bend. Where can I get a copy of THE LATEST UP TO DATE DESCRIPTORS.

How does vertigo lead to reduced awareness of everyday hazards?

Also can she wheel herself in a wheelchair? - for the mobilising descriptor.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Does vertigo make her more likely to fall, or face other dangers, say?

Yes her vertigo and balance problems from the cerebral palsy means she has fallen on many occasions. With vertigo she has severe visual disturbances, which affects her balance this means when walking around she has to hold on to someone to stop herself falling over. She cannot bathe herself or prepare a cooked meal, due to being a danger to herself.

Does vertigo make her more likely to fall, or face other dangers, say?

Yes her vertigo and balance problems from the cerebral palsy means she has fallen on many occasions. With vertigo she has severe visual disturbances, which affects her balance this means when walking around she has to hold on to someone to stop herself falling over. She cannot bathe herself or prepare a cooked meal, due to being a danger to herself.

That's great, thank you. Hopefully someone who knows more than me will help you figure out how that fits the descriptors. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum