• Tweets

• Your page numbers should run through your WX and exhibits so im concerned its page x of 9.
    • Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome car finance

kitkat kay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi this is my first post so here is a brief outline:

In 2005 I had a car from welcome car finance the repayments were £216pm,

the total cost of the finance with interest was approx £10k.

After paying approx £5000 I had to finish work due to my bipolar,

I phoned WELCOME and informed them that I had finished work and that I could no longer afford the £216pm,

they offered to drop the payments to £100pm which I accepted.

About a year ago I asked WELCOME what my balance was and they told me I still owed £6000,

this sounded like to much to owe so I asked them on 4 separate occasions for a statement of payments made,

nothing ever came from them so I stopped the payments for a few months which i now know was not the right thing to do.

On Thursday a account manager from WELCOME phoned me to see why I has stopped the payments,

when I told him the reason he asked me if I had sent the £10 fee for the statement,

i explained that no-one had told me i needed to pay £10,

he also asked me on which of my accounts i wanted the statement,

i told him i only had one account and he informed me that when i dropped the payments

the original account was closed and a new one opened to clear the original debt and account for the reduced payments.

Now i'm not the brightest of people but this sounds like re-financing to me for which they would surely have needed me to sign a new agreement,

which i haven't by the way,

hopefully someone can help forward with this matter.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An update on this:

I sent the SAR of last week with the £10 PO by recorded delivery,

I made my payment of £120 to welcome on saturday of last week,

today i get home to a letter from WELCOME saying that my Agreement has now been terminated

and action to recover the goods/outstanding balance can now commence.

WELCOME then go on to say

"There are facillities that we can offer to provide you with significant benefits in reducing your debt,

such as interest rate reduction on the basis that you resume mutally acceptable payment arrangement"

if welcome have closed down the old agreement and set up a new one with reduced payments, then yes, you would have to sign a new agreement to vary the original agreement

you mention bi-polar

why did you not claim on the micky mouse ppi welcome con you into

welcome have to send you a full statement of account at least once a year or any charges etc are void

I have never received any statements from WELCOME and i never even knew they had closed the old account and set up a new one till last week.

The bipolar was the reason i had to finish work which in turn was the reason i had to reduce my payments.

I'm not sure about PPI or any other insurances until i receive the credit agreements but the account manager from Welcome did tell me that there was considerable charges applied to my account, to be fair to him he was really nice and told me what i needed to do and send to WELCOME.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Received a letter from WELCOME today saying as follows:

Dear sirs (even though it is addressed to Me a female!)

RE: subject access request

Thanks you for your letter received on 21st February requesting a subject access request under the data protection act 1998.

We acknowledge receipt of the £10 statutory processing fee.

Furthermore I am unable to verify your clients identity based on the information that you have provided. As this is the case I will need copies of one of the following:

Passport (photo page)

Driving license (both parts)

Birth certificate

Marriage certificate

Firearms certificate

Do not send original documentation as we will not be able to return these to you.

Please provide the required information and on receipt, we will open this case and respond to you within the appropriate regulatory time frame.

Yours faithfully

Customer relations.

So do i send them what they required and if so which would be best to send as i dont trust WELCOME one bit.

• 2 weeks later...

i sent a letter recorded delivery, with a photocopy of birth certificate as WELCOME requested a

nd a £1 postal order to cover the cost of the CCA,

i have now received another letter from WELCOME:

Thank you for your letter requesting a credit agreement and statement of account.

I am unable to verify the identity based on the information that you have provided,

as this is the case i will need a copy of one of the following:

Passport (photo page and visa page if non uk)

Driving licence (photo card and paper part)

firearms certificate

unfortunately at this time due to the above we are not able to process your request,

please find enclosed your payment. please return your payment with the information we have requested,

we will open this case and respond within the appropriate time frame.

could someone please help as i am getting to my wits end with this company, they just seem to be delaying all the time.

here is copy of the letter that i have drafted to send back to welcome:

Dear Sir / Madame

In response to your letter dated 13th march,

may I point out that you have communicated with me previously at the above address without the need for proof of identification

and that I have provided a copy of my birth certificate to verify my identity,

as you yourselves stated in your previous letter was a acceptable proof of identification,

however as a gesture of goodwill, I have enclosed a photocopy of my passport,

I have blanked out the picture and signature as all the details you need are printed onto the passport itself,

I now believe that I have complied with all your requests and as such I request a true copy of any agreements

that are held in my name as required under section 77 of the Consumer credit act.

I also require an up-to date statement of account as required under section 77a of the Consumer credit act, I enclose the statutory fee of £1.

May I also remind you that I sent a formal subject access request for information under section 7 of the Data Protection Act, including the maximum fee of £10 on 26/02/2013.

You will be aware that under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have an obligation to comply fully with my request within 40 days.

May I please remind you that all communication from your company should be via letters as I am not prepared to discuss this matter over the phone.

Thank you

Thats correct in what you are doing. Keep us updated with the response you next get back from them please.

Also, read my link in case it applies to you

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?385602-MASS-legal-action-for-PPI-claims-BEFORE-2005-interested

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2011 - Loans.co.uk (GE Finance) £1504.77

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

2019 - Citicard - £1071.31

If the 40 days for SAR compliance are up then you should be lodging a formal complaint with the ICO.

You should also be considering your option to sue for non compliance.

Funny how they are happy with your ID when they want to pester you for money but have an issue with it when you want information from them which you are legally entitled to.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I received another reply from WELCOME today, the letter is dated 26th March:

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your letter received on 12th March requesting a copy of the credit agreement and statement of account under consumer credit act 1974.

We acknowledge receipt of the £1.00 statutory fee and are pleased to inform you that your request is being processed.

Please note that the £1.00 fee will provide you with your most recent loan agreement, should you require copies of any other loan agreements, please provide the necessary fee to the above address and we will process your request within 12 days of receipt.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on the above address.

Yours faithfully

Customer relations.

Am i wrong in thinking that if i make a CCA request and pay the £1.00 WELCOME should provide me with ALL agreements held in my name.

Also there is no mention of the SAR request I sent on the 26th February.

They are playing games. Write to the address on their letters. You can find the non-compliance template in the library.

If you have £80.00 for the application, you may want to seriously consider asking the Court for an order. You will get it. If after they see you have issued the application, they then decide to comply, you can ask for your wasted costs.

I did this and got the Order plus £200.00 in damages. I suspect I would have gotten more if I had asked, but 200.00 is what I asked for and what the Court awarded.

Don't play their games. This is a recent tactic by the way, they never required this proof of identity before, but now they are getting hit hard and trying every trick they can think of.

Please overlook my typos and spelling mistakes, sometimes my fingers arent in sync with my brain :)

I am just a consumer and have no legal training. My posts are opinion only, based on my own limited experience. If in doubt you should seek legal advice from a qualified practitioner.

Activ Kapital - Disputed £4,000.00 - 04/04/2011 Settled! WON!

HSBC Current Account - Defaulted for £200.00 Charges. - 19/05/2011 Charges Refunded Default Removed! WON!

HSBC Loan Account - £16,000.00 Unsecured Loan - 05/07/2011 Disputed No Further Contact WON! (for Now)

Barclaycard Account - Disputed account and £1500.00 Charges. - 18/07/2011 Charges Refunded! WON!

London Scottisht - Disputed account and Charges. £25,000.00 - 06/2011 Balance reduced by 95% WON!

Thanks Mr Z,

I have written to WELCOME informing them that due to their failure to comply with the SAR request in the alloted time I am now putting the account into dispute until such time that i receive everything that i have asked for.

My one question is this, with the account now in dispute, do i continue with the payments as my next one is due next week.

failure to comply with an sar does not place the account in dispute sadly.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Placing the account in dispute would be due to their failure to send you the statement of account and a copy of the agreement within the allotted time (12 days +2 for postage) as obliged under the CCA.

The course of action regarding the SAR non-compliance would be a complaint to the ICO (useless in my opinion and wont get you far after a long wait) or an application with the Court for an Order (can take a couple of months as well and cost £80.00 which you get back if you win).

As for what to do now that you have placed the account in dispute (if the time under the CCA has passed)...You can make a token payment (say £1.00) if you like, to show good faith, or none at all. Also just to note - if you didn't know already, you can make the payments by phone using the automated system and never have to deal with their very pleasant and helpful representatives. :roll:

If the time under the CCA has past, but you stated the reason was non compliance with the SAR, just send another letter. I highly doubt they are bright enough to know the difference, but another letter wouldnt hurt to cover yourself. Cost nothing more than postage.

Edited by MrZ

Please overlook my typos and spelling mistakes, sometimes my fingers arent in sync with my brain :)

I am just a consumer and have no legal training. My posts are opinion only, based on my own limited experience. If in doubt you should seek legal advice from a qualified practitioner.

HSBC Current Account - Defaulted for £200.00 Charges. - 19/05/2011 Charges Refunded Default Removed! WON!

HSBC Loan Account - £16,000.00 Unsecured Loan - 05/07/2011 Disputed No Further Contact WON! (for Now)

Barclaycard Account - Disputed account and £1500.00 Charges. - 18/07/2011 Charges Refunded! WON!

London Scottisht - Disputed account and Charges. £25,000.00 - 06/2011 Balance reduced by 95% WON!

Hi... update:

Received a copy of the second agreement today along with a letter from welcome, in the letter they admit that they received my request on the 12th March however i am still waiting for the statement off account, also there is still no mention of the SAR request i sent on the 15th February.

Edited by kitkat kay

Hi... update:

Received a copy of the second agreement today along with a letter from welcome, in the letter they admit that they received my request on the 12th March however i am still waiting for the statement off account, also there is still no mention of the SAR request i sent on the 15th February.[ATTACH=CONFIG]42984[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42985[/ATTACH]

No statement means not yet complied.

Your attachments are small...can you save them as PDF?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. I have had a look at your papers. First things first. I see that someone signed the statement of needs papers, but the agreement shows only the WFS rep's signature. Did you remove it or did you not sign it? I see your first post says you didn't sign a modification agreement, but I just want to be sure.

As for the statement: Is this account still live? Was it paid off, sold on? or are you still dealing with WFS regarding payments and arrears etc?

if you did not sign this second agreement at all in anyway shape or form

then you should be demanding ALL you payments back + 8% stat int

from the date of each payment made

it is FRAUD on behalf of welcome staff

and they are well known for doing this.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

looking through everything it appears my wife has signed everything as should be,

she may not be able to remember signing due to suffering from depression

which is the reason she had to finish work

( welcome noted at the time that she was off work due to suffering from depression,

which can be seen on the uploaded paperwork),

i dont know about the original agreement as we can not find that and WeLCOME admit that they dont have a copy either.

with regard the statement, that is for the original loan that was paid off with the re-write that is displayed,

I am still waiting for Welcome to send a statement for the active account.

OK, that's clear. On first sight you have some fees you can re-claim. However it might be best to wait until you have the rest of your statements to get the full picture.

I wouldn't trust that WFS are working on it. They aren't that efficient. It may be worth sending a letter chasing it.

Edited by MrZ

Thanks MR Z,

I have sent a letter chasing the statement up, also when i looked through the paperwork it states 13.1% interest but in 2 other parts it states 7%, should these be the same figures ?

Hi,

I was talking to someone about this and they said i should look into irresponsible lending,

as WELCOME were fully aware that my wife was suffering from depression

and that she was off work at the time due to depression,

Welcome on their eligibility and suitability sheet state that my wife suffers with depression,

they also state on their income and expenditure sheet that my wife is off work due to depression,

my wife never returned to work and the depression was later diagnosed as rapid cycle bi-polar.

Any advise welcome ( no pun intended )

well even if it is enforceable which I doubt pers.

the penalty charges will kill the balance.

dx

and they