Time after posting ESA50

Invalidation
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having read threads here and on other forums it seems that for those people that have possibly serious conditions, there seems to be a delay before any final decisions is made before assessment.

I have read of claimants sending off their ESA50 in Early January and getting called in for an assessments yet some of use who have been on IB for a long time are having to wait.

I sent my ESA 50 off in December and havent heard anything.

Any here had a quick return of an assessment date soon after returning their ESA50?

Taking a poke at the world

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

this is something that is looming for me in the next few months, as am still on IB, I have been told that some are automatically transferred onto one of the ESA groups without assessment, whilst some are not, is it the clarification you mean or have you been told that an assessment will have to be done? maybe those of us still on IB wait longer while they look at and make their mind up?....just a thought and sorry if I got your question/point wrong.

I had to wait from April last year until July for my first assessment appointment to arrive. I think it partly depends on which area you are in - some have a bigger backlog than others - how much evidence you send in with your form and whether you have one of the conditions which mean you have to be assessed by a doctor rather than a nurse. Neurological conditions definitely fit the latter category but I'm not sure if there are any others. Also they sometimes contact your GP before sending an appointment. You will also probably have to wait longer if you have asked for your assessment to be recorded or if you need a home assessment.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

this is something that is looming for me in the next few months, as am still on IB, I have been told that some are automatically transferred onto one of the ESA groups without assessment, whilst some are not, is it the clarification you mean or have you been told that an assessment will have to be done? maybe those of us still on IB wait longer while they look at and make their mind up?....just a thought and sorry if I got your question/point wrong.

No not at all.

Ive seen on some forums that some people on IB after returning their ESA 50 are offered assessments or transferable onto ESA quite quickly. Those people seem to be the ones with either easily diagnosable problems or havent been on IB for a long time. Yet some who seem to have been on IB for a long time with more difficult problems seem to have to wait longer for a decision on where they get either put or called for assessment.

Its looming for me as well but isnt such a worrying situation for me as any loss I suffer from ESA will be made up in Pension Credit. (so I am told)

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

oh I see, hopefully the fact that my illnesses have already been diagnosed by psychiatrist and rheuomatologist, and neither of them will ever go, and one has significantly worsened, and in turn affects my capability to manage the other without a lot of help from my daughter, should clarify at least problems that I have daily. never taking anything for granted though with atos at the helm.

oh I see, hopefully the fact that my illnesses have already been diagnosed by psychiatrist and rheuomatologist, and neither of them will ever go, and one has significantly worsened, and in turn affects my capability to manage the other without a lot of help from my daughter, should clarify at least problems that I have daily. never taking anything for granted though with atos at the helm.

Having a diagnosis of a degenerative condition means very little to ATOS, as does submitting evidence of the diagnosis. All they are interested in is evidence that you meet the criteria. In my case they accepted that they had sufficient evidence that I was not fit for work but needed a face to face assessment to see if I was in a support group, despite the evidence showing quite clearly that I met three different criteria.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I had already filled my ESA50 out before deciding to call in the Advocacy service. A Brilliant chap came and sat with me and we rewrote the ESA 50 paying much more attention as to how my disability physically affected me in respect to day to day actions rather than how much it hurt me.

Now its just sit back and wait time, 2 months and counting.

there is one positive I can glean from this, as unlike the last time when I was unprepared for the lying and following disgraceful treatment by atos, accompanied wholeheartedly by dwp, I am now fully prepared and ready for them, I wont be quiet about any appeals either.

am guessing will get mine around june, which is the time when the decision was last made to fail me and my appeal then tribunal period began. my peace from them will likely end at the same time this year, according to info read on here. tribunal advised 3 yrs peace but dwp said they have to send me a form after 2 as IB being phased out by 2014. thankfully my daughter is at hand to help me with it, despite being a mum and looking for work etc, I don't know where I will be when she finds it, i have real problems getting in and out of the bath now, and got stuck there last week as pain and lack of strength made it easier to stay put, good job i have mobile phone and could ring her, she told me off for not waiting til usual time so she could help, bless her she got worried. i should get a shower really but cant afford it.

am guessing will get mine around june, which is the time when the decision was last made to fail me and my appeal then tribunal period began. my peace from them will likely end at the same time this year, according to info read on here. tribunal advised 3 yrs peace but dwp said they have to send me a form after 2 as IB being phased out by 2014. thankfully my daughter is at hand to help me with it, despite being a mum and looking for work etc, I don't know where I will be when she finds it, i have real problems getting in and out of the bath now, and got stuck there last week as pain and lack of strength made it easier to stay put, good job i have mobile phone and could ring her, she told me off for not waiting til usual time so she could help, bless her she got worried. i should get a shower really but cant afford it.

Had the same problem when the wife went shopping. Stuck in the bath for over 2 hours. Got a shower fitted, 2nd shower, I fell getting out, pulled the bath curtains down and broke 2 fingers.

Aint life fun ?

Had the same problem when the wife went shopping. Stuck in the bath for over 2 hours. Got a shower fitted, 2nd shower, I fell getting out, pulled the bath curtains down and broke 2 fingers.

Aint life fun ?

Walk in bath?

Ruby - if the reason for needing a shower is disability related, you may be able to get help through the disabled facilities grant.

Walk in bath?

No, standard Bath though local Social Services paid for the shower and conversion but for some reason wouldnt pay for a walk in bath.

They did give me a plastic seat though !

Nystagmite, yes my daughter was thinking of finding if any help is available, I am just not inclined to rock any boats re benefit and face "them" when I have to. My daughter will look into whats involved re your suggestion though and thanks.

Sent my wifes ESA50 off on the 20th November 2012. We got the answer on Sat 16th Feb 2013 She has transfered from IB after 11 years or so. Our BDC is sheffield. No Medical and transfered into WRAG which we are appealing. The JC+ chap said this morning the decision to place her in the WRAG was made on the 27th Dec 2012 and with a recomenation not to be re assessed for two years. Work that one out.

oh I see RaeUK...I think lol my brain is not working well today. I thought the 365 day rule thing was for ESA, and as am fully expecting to be transferred to that soon, if am lucky and not sent straight to jsa which I then would have no choice to appeal, was thinking I would only have the 365 day limit. Going from IB to ESA.

Sent my wifes ESA50 off on the 20th November 2012. We got the answer on Sat 16th Feb 2013 She has transfered from IB after 11 years or so. Our BDC is sheffield. No Medical and transfered into WRAG which we are appealing. The JC+ chap said this morning the decision to place her in the WRAG was made on the 27th Dec 2012 and with a recomenation not to be re assessed for two years. Work that one out.

I know we've had Christmas and new year; but can't understand why it's taken so long to send a decision.

Everyone on IS/IB has to fill in the dreaded ESA 50 then it's up to ATOS if there a need for a medical and the decision by a DM at the dwp and ESA wrag or support group or nothing at All !

Even then if your moved to ESA wrag or support group there will be more reassessments filling in another esa50,no more life time awards !

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...