Blueeyes v mbna

blueeyes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi after success with my bank:) iv now decided to try with my credit card i havnt got all my statements so i have to send a dpa but which address do i send it to is it

Mbna Europe Limited

Stansfield house

Chester Business Park

Wrexham Road

Chester

CH4 9QQ

thanx

blueeyes

• 5 weeks later...

Right thought id update. 17-11-06 sent Data protection Act. 27-11-06 received reply stating looking into reply by 14-11-06, which they did with an offer of £300. I rang up to say id except as part payment and was told to write a letter to say i wasnt going to except it. Am i right in thinking i send the preminary letter excepting pt payment and whats left.

blueeyes

• 2 weeks later...

No, as long as you stated you only accepted the cheque as part settlement, that's fine. For all the issues people have with MBNA, they have been the best to deal with. A bit slow, but if you call them just before your LBA expires they will probably agree to settle over the phone. That's what I did... they paid me interest at contractual rate right up to the day we agreed to settle, even though I paid the accounts off a while ago.

___

MBNA VISA - PL sent 23/10

MBNA MCard - PL sent 23/10

FD - PL sent 23/10, offered approx 75% 27/10

Marbles - PL sent 23/10, rejected letter received 27/10

Hi

You need to write a paragraph at the top of your LBA like this.

Thank you for your letter dated DATE I accept your offer of a refund of charges totalling AMOUNT on the understanding as a partial settlement towards my claim. I intend to continue with my claim against you for the remainder of charges added to my account between the date DATE and DATE.

Then carry on your LBA as normal.

Rob

HALIFAX

12/09/06 Halifax settled in full £8500:D

MBNA

28/11/06 MBNA Settled in full £2300:D

Capital one

Putting together n1

• 4 weeks later...

congratulations! are you going after the interest?

If you think my advice has been helpful, please click on the scales to the left :) thank you!

Non illegitimi carborundum

I wish I was a glow worm,

A glow worm's never glum!

How can you be grumpy,

when the sun shines out yer bum?! :p

Amex * 2 *** WON *** Settled

Marbles ****WON*** In full settlement

Capital 1 ***WON*** In full settlement

MBNA ***WON**** In full settlement

Barclaycard ***WON*** In full settlement

Barclays Bank - ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mrs Chorlton) ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mr and Mrs C) - MCOL submitted 16/5/07

I think if you are uncomfortable on the phone, then a letter is probably best - if you call, make sure you have all your spreadsheets and letters to hand and you know exactly what you are requesting eg. "just calling to thank you for the offer in your letter dated xxxxx. You will have noticed that I did ask for contractual interest to be taken into account and I was hoping that you would be prepared to calculate this and settle finally today, rather than this entering the legal process" - something like that anyway!

Have a look at some other MBNA threads - a number of people seemed to have been sucessful making contractual interest claims by phone and that might give you some extra confidence, and will also give a couple of names and telephone numbers that have worked.

Good luck!

If you think my advice has been helpful, please click on the scales to the left :) thank you!

Non illegitimi carborundum

I wish I was a glow worm,

A glow worm's never glum!

How can you be grumpy,

when the sun shines out yer bum?! :p

Amex * 2 *** WON *** Settled

Marbles ****WON*** In full settlement

Capital 1 ***WON*** In full settlement

MBNA ***WON**** In full settlement

Barclaycard ***WON*** In full settlement

Barclays Bank - ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mrs Chorlton) ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mr and Mrs C) - MCOL submitted 16/5/07

Been on the phone this morning spoke to julia she said she was emailing someone who would get back to me within 2 days,wish id asked for someone by name but the last time i ask they said they were'nt there. Just av to wait and see.

blueeyes

Well what a waste of time i was rang back and told that they had'nt received my LBA what interest was i talking about. I got side tracked and feel a complete idiot but im more determined to get contractual interest back now just av to look at spreadsheetes but i dont know the interest rate they charge and she would nt tell me. She said i could send my letter again i said know id already sent it allowing 14 days so i would go to court.

blueeyes