Alleged Orange Debt, Arrow & Fred's, swanky new paperwork!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received a new one this morning page 1 from Orange saying they sold the account to Arrow in Dec 2012.

Page 2 is from AG, "Notice of Assignment", telling me Fred's are the ones handling it and to contact them, with a "fair processing notice" at the back, which I haven't scrutinised yet.

Page 3 is a cute "FAQ" page with little speech bubbles in pastel colours and whimsical fonts.

Now then, has anyone already seen these/scanned them on here? I'm happy to scan them later on if not, but not to do it if it's old hat, lol.

Like I said, I have never seen this one before, but then DCAs have been giving me a wide berth for a while, lol.

Sounds very interesting. I havent seen any posted up already, so if you are happy to share :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The information in their Fair Data processing sheet could be wrong. They say the information will be kept on the CRA's files for 6 years after the account is closed.

Closed as in what point.. from the date the account is terminated by the original creditor !

It was my understanding that the account drops off the files 6 years after the first default is recorded ? I will have a check later on.

It is very erm Pretty isnt it ?

BCOBS

Oh, and the assumption that because they've bought the debt, they're also entitled to process your data... I don't believe that this has actually been tested in court, and I am still of the opinion that no, you can't transfer data processing rights with no comeback from the victim, sorry, subject, IMO, once sold off, if I notify the buyer that I don't give them permission to process my data, they can sod right off.

I knew I was right....

Point 24 - Page 12 in the attached pdf..

The record should be removed six years from the date of the default so that the customer is not disadvantaged over those who have made no effort to pay whatsoever.

Also, I read this as the record should be removed from the actual date of default and not the manufactured date which happens because creditors etc dont place one for up to 6 months afterwards !!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41740[/ATTACH]

BCOBS

Oh, and the assumption that because they've bought the debt, they're also entitled to process your data... I don't believe that this has actually been tested in court, and I am still of the opinion that no, you can't transfer data processing rights with no comeback from the victim, sorry, subject, IMO, once sold off, if I notify the buyer that I don't give them permission to process my data, they can sod right off.

It has always been my argument that if the "new owner" is unable to provide the paperwork that they say gives them the right to process the data, then they are not entitled to. Until such times as they do provide that paperwork, then they should be prevented from processing.

BCOBS

TBH, until a judge tells me otherwise, I will not accept that the selling of the debt means that the DCA now can collect from me.

If the debt has been sold, it is then written off against tax by the OC. They've washed their hands of it. That money no longer exists, if it ever did. They made what profit they could from selling it and then wrote off the rest.

Does that mean I owe the "new" creditor? I don't think so. I didn't borrow money from them, I didn't buy goods from them, I never had a contract with them, so they can f* right off as far as I am concerned.

So far, not one of them has tried to test this with me in court.

And that definitely goes with processing data too! (not that it bothers me if they do, I don't give a toss whether my credit file is wrecked or not)

• 3 weeks later...

Crazy, I couldn't agree more!

As most of us now know credit is created out of thin air when you sign on the dotted line, so who really loses anything?

My own experience with Orange, Arrow & Fred's ended with me reporting them to TS who dealt with it for me and have never heard a word from them since.