Professional association disciplinary issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I think this is the right place for this slightly oddball problem.

I am a member of a trade association, a local association but with broader implications.

I'm a member primarily because being so is more or less the only way to be allocated work in my chosen part-time field. The association acts like a clearing house where organisations that require the services of people such as me give the vacancies to the association. It then "allocates" jobs to it's members in a manner decided by "the committee".

The association, in my opinion, is a monopsony, belonging to it is the only way of getting work. It's also very cliquey - if your face fits you get the better appointments; annoy the "committee" and you may as well be dead.

That's the preamble, now my problem:

Over recent years I've had a few spats with them where I've berated them for poor organisation, unfair work allocation, etc. There has also been the odd occasion where I've confidentially informed the association of problems with a client employer and they've breached confidence by putting my concerns to the employer as though it was a complaint by me, which it wasn't. I've then been unfairly blamed for fallout between the association and the employer.

In January they emailed me stating that due to my "attitude" I would not be given any more jobs. I emailed the chairman querying this decision and asking for reasons. The chairman, following my discussion with him, capitulated and said that I would be offered jobs. A week later I received a letter telling me I had to attend a disciplinary hearing citing untrue vague allegations, nothing specific - it's this coming Friday.

Up to now I have no information about exactly what issue or issues they hold against me. I asked that copies of any documents or other evidence that the hearing would refer as well as specific details of the "charges" to be given to me by 14th February. Nothing has appeared.

Yesterday I emailed again stating that I had heard nothing. I've had no reply at all.

In my opinion it's grossly unfair to expect me to attend a hearing blind and then to be able to answer whatever complaints they have against me and I'm thinking of telling them that I'll not attend on that basis. However, that may be counter-productive for me.

Does anyone have any experience in this sort of thing? Where do I stand legally? etc. What's best for me to do?

I'm really feeling picked-on and badly treated here but I'm floundering to know what to do. If they give me no work then I'm going to be several hundred pounds out of pocket. I will also lose touch with this particular work environment which would be detrimental for my future prospects. I have done nothing wrong and I have no idea what they are going to accuse me of.

Can anyone offer me any advice please?

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

What is the trade association? Presumably it is just a private organisation and not a statutory body? If it is private I doubt there is anything you can do.

How do you join the association. Do you have a contract?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry for the delay, I've been unwell.

The problem has gone away; following my challenge to the association I received this email:

Thank you for your email regarding the hearing and I apologise for not responding sooner.

The Disciplinary Panel met to review the evidence submitted by the Secretary and Appointments Officer

and concluded that the evidence so produced was insufficient in detail to warrant a disciplinary hearing.

I am therefore informing you that the decision of the Disciplinary Panel is to cancel the hearing set for Friday 22nd February.

Thanks.

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

Hi Number6

I would have to air caution with that email and would write to the Chairperson of the Disciplinary Panel for clarification of the email dated xx/xx/xx as it only states that the disciplinary panel has cancelled the hearing for friday 22nd feb 2013.

* Does this mean that the Disciplinary Hearing will still commence at a later date as it has only been cancelled?

* That no further action is to be taken by the disciplinary panel and that this matter is closed?

Note - please bear in mind that email onlky states the hearing on that date is cancelled only nothing else you need clarification.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group