• Tweets

• You honestly have a very serious situation here. Is there any chance that this problem might be being caused by somebody that you know? In future you should open all letters and copy them and then return them to the sender but make sure you have a copy. This is very important. I understand that the three of you are being targeted. I am saying "targeted" because it is too much of a coincidence that you are all the subject of the same kind of identity theft/identity fraud committed by different people. This suggests very strongly to me that there is one person who is doing this and the fact that this person is doing this to all three of you also suggests very strongly that it is somebody who is known to you. I would find it difficult to imagine that there could be any other explanation. Have you got a list of the companies that have become involved because of this problem? Please could you post up a list here
    • Yes I am so sorry.  I am using my phone to type and it comes out in a block.  I will see if I can borrow use of a friends computer next time 
    • I'm sorry that you have been upset about it. I think you are very justified feel that way. Before I start answering, can I please point out that this is the second time that you've posted a solid block of text. It's very difficult for people to read and to give you the enthusiastic support that you deserve. In your first post, – which was very long – one of the site team restructured it so that it was legible. We don't really have time to do this kind of thing and so please would you make sure that in future your posts are properly spaced and punctuated and that will encourage people to view your story and to give you the advice that you need.   Also, now that I have restructured your post I see that you have recognised that your posts are not properly spaced because you don't have a computer. You can still use the paragraph return with a phone and it will make it much easier.
    • Sorry I’ve just been a bit upset about it.       It started with my daughter (aged 27) four years ago.  We rang the train company and tried to sort it over the phone.  I know now that was wrong.  My daughter has had at least 6 separate letters relating to different incidents of fare evasion.   One of the incidents was going to court.   My other daughter has had about 8 or more separate incidents. She has a file which I can get this week.   My ex partner has now started to get some (Erica instead of Eric ).   There ha e been some addressed using our surname but with a forename not known.     The one relating to me had gone to court and I have had to ask them to open the case again.   I was advised not to do a statutory declaration as although I didn’t open the letter addressed with a misspelt surname I did suspect what it was and so couldn’t say I didn’t know about it.   At least one other has gone to a court.   So many we have out back in the post as unknown at This address.     There are too many to fight each one altogether for my family they must be over 20, I’m sorry this isn’t very well space I only have the use of the phone   I don’t have a computer
    • The forum software automatically changes other website addresses back to CAG,   Google  'Fight Back Forums' and register there. They are the experts on council pcns.  
  • Our picks

Atos and Jobcentreplus letter.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2848 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello fellow Cagers.

In a bit of a muddle regarding the letter my OH received from Jobcentreplus.

A quick rundown of what is going on.

She went for an assessment in Sept 2011 and was successful with the outcome.

Assessment again in 2012 but failed, not enough points. Even though she has deteriorated and become worse since 2011. I am sure that many of you have got the same result. We lodged an appeal against the decision straight away. Was told that the process could take up to 9 months.

In the meantime, she received a letter from Jobcentreplus this week with the following information.

YOUR CLAIM FOR EMPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE

CHANGES IN SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS

From 8 April 2013 the rates of Social Security Benefits will change.

From 10 April 2013 your Employment and Support Allowance will be £71.70 a week.

This is because of:

a change in the rates of Social Security Benefits.

We cannot pay you Employment and Support Allowance from 12 October 2013.

This is because you will have reached the maximum of 365 days that you can get contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance.

So what does this mean?

I am not at all clear on the statement in red.

Suppose the appeal process takes place after 12 October 2013, how are we supposed to live in the meantime?

Would she be placed on some other interim benefit? I am puzzled as to what to do next.

Could somebody advise please.

Allets.

Ok so what it means is this.

During an appeal you still get esa at the assessment rate which is the same as job seekers allowance and i believe sick note still needs to be sent in. In April benefits are increasing by a whole 1% thanks to the barstewards that run this country and say it is unfair for benefit claimants to receive more than the national average payrise.

With esa you can only get cont based for a year then it changes to income based. If there is an underlying entitlement to income based all will be fine,but if you live together and you work then it could be difficult as she may not be entitled to anything.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

The bit in red means that your OH is entitled to ESA due to contributions made (NI paid) rather than on income grounds. I presume that you work, or have other money coming into the household.

Contribution based ESA is time-limited to 365 days. After this time, your OH will not receive any more payment, so you'll be reliant entirely on your income/the other money coming into the household.