Goods Not received refusing refund or supply new goods

warriors
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there i wondered if anyone can help me i boughts some goods to the value of £4.500 from a company on the 12 dec 2012 and a courier company they used said the goods have been delivered but i have not received the goods... :( i have been onto the company nearly everyday since and they keep saying that they have to speak to the courier company and start a claim from them... which they have done but the courier company are still dragging there feet....

the courier company have told them that is what delivered and i have not signed for the goods or received them could any tell me where i stand as i am out of pocket for the money and have no goods need some advice it has been over nine weeks now since i paid them for the goods i paid through my bank direct to the company....

please help i am desperate for some sound advise should i start a small claims court against the company.....

many thanks

Warriors

I will try to find someone who can advise. Shame you didnt pay by either credit or debit card.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:-)i know but did not have enough on credit card but i paid it direct from my bank to theres is not not the same as doing on debit card.... thanks for you help

the company i bought it from are not willing to send or refund until they have got the ok from the courier company that they will pay them but the company had it insured so cannot understand why they are taking so long to make a decision surely i have some rights.....

I agree, there appears to be some problems from the courier side of things. They should know where the items were delivered. I would have also thought that at that value, a signature would have been required.

Have you put your concerns to the company in writing . I suspect that you are going to have to issue a small claim through the county court. I have alerted site team for you, so someone will be along soon.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

ok thanks i have given them it in writing but the company say it was delivered to my address and signed for by me but only using my first name as a signiture which i did not sign for and have not took receipt of the goods the courier company sent the driver round to me on the saturday and i spoke to him in front of my wife and the postman and he admitted he left the goods outside and put my name on the delivery docket but when confronted by hes company he told them that someone was working in my garden and by a miricale he's name happend to me the same as mine i have never heard so much crap in all my life and that he took it in my house...

so i have been fighting this for the past 9-10 weeks and still not getting anywhere....

many thanks for you help

warriors

what is the company you are dealing with?

I would advised the courier and the company that you will contact the police regarding this as well

I would then out it in writing you have waited long enough and want a refund in full within 14 days

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

i have already contacted the police and got a crime number but the police say unless they will not refund you are resend the goods there is nothing the police can do until then that is why i think they are stalling for time... what are my rights even if the courier company say it has been delivered.....

thanks

Well the company have to prove that it was delivered to you and that YOU actually signed for the goods.

Once you have issued a claim then you will be entitled to ask them for a copy of the signed receipt where you are then in a position to disprove that it is yours. If the courier is insisting it left them at your property then they can be asked exactly where, at what time.

Claims under £5,000 will be issued through small claims and cost £30.00 - which I believe you then add into the claim so you get that back.

As long as you keep the claim under £5,000 you could probably add the costs of telephoning / writing / to the company to resolve this matter. But others will confirm this for you.

It it quite likely that as soon as you issue the claim they come to their senses and either refund or replace the goods for you.

Make sure you know exactly what you want to say on the claim form and make a note of any dates where you have contacted the company/courier and what has been said. Any letters you have sent them should also be put somewhere safe as you will probably have to produce them should it actually end up in court.

I guess the basis of your claim is that..

On DATE you ordered GOODS.

They werent received.

Company says they were despatched by COURIER

Who says they were delivered and signed for / left in the front garden.

You have NOT received the goods and deny signing for them. It has now been 9 weeks and despite numerous communication by telephone/letter/email etc the Company is refusing to either refund or replace.

Someone will help you put a claim together properly if that is what you want to do.

IMHO, your contract is with the COMPANY - not the COURIER.

So the company should be replacing/refunding and then dealing with the courier themselves to be refunded.

BCOBS

the courier firm say it has been delivered and signed by the consignee which i never signed for anything as was not in at the time stated so they sent the driver to my address 2 days later and i confronted the driver in front of my wife and the postman at the time and he admitted he left them in my front garden which is on a busy main road and visable to everyone waliking past but changed he story when interview by hes firm as my previous post says....

if someone could help with sorting a claim out that would be great as not very good with legal stuff...

thanks again for your help and advise

Gary

Hi Warriors,

Before you start any court action, you should send them a Preliminary Claim letter to put them on notice that you require the goods delivered as per your contract, or a full refund, within 14 days.

If you've already done that clearly, or if they fail to respond positively to your Prelim Letter within 14 days, you send them a Letter Before Action repeating your demands and giving them a final 14 days to comply.

If they still fail, then you proceed with a court claim.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

hi there i have not down either of them yet as been going back and forth with them and they have been trying to get stuff sorted with the courier company who is stalling the company i have the order with this is why it has taken over 9 weeks and we are still not anywhere forward than we was in december 2012...

could you please advise if there is templates for the letters you mentioned or do i have to just wright a letter but not sure what fancy words to use to make them stand up and listen a bit more....

many thanks everyone who has taken the time to reply and try and get my problem solved

Gary

Is it a Letter before Action you require a template/draft for ?

I think all you need write is something along the lines of the following :

Dear Sir or Madam

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

On DATE goods were ordered from your company.

These goods have not been delivered and it is now some 9 weeks since I made my initial complaint, which is totally unacceptable.

I am now advising you that I require either replacement GOODS or a refund of the monies I have paid within 14 days from the date of this letter (enter the date 14 days forward).

If you do neither, then I will be issuing a claim through the County Court. The claim will also include my costs to date and any costs incurred issuing the claim.

Yours faithfully

NAME

Send it either recorded or special delivery - keep the receipt and check the RM website a couple of days after posting so that you can print off the notice of receipt and signature.

Send the letter to their Head/Registered office as that is the address you will use when issuing the claim if it gets that far.

BCOBS

Hi Warriors,

Send the letter in post #14 now, as your preliminary claim. Use Recorded Delivery.

When/if they fail to respond positively within 14 days, send the same letter but this time with the heading "Letter Before Action" Use RDel'y again.

If they have still not sorted this after the final 14 days, you can take court action against the vendor.

:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Noted, in which case, just send the letter marked Letter before action giving them a final 14 days.

Hi

Just something I have picked up on reading your thread that concerns me is

The courier chap came to you and admitted he left the good if the front garden but left all that out in their statment to the courier company saying they delivered goods.

So that means that the courier must have forged a signature but also raises the question of did that courier actually delivered the goods.

I would be asking for a copy of the delivery reciept for the goods to see the signature.

I would also see if the postman that was present when the courier made their admission to you if they could possible do a witness statement for you.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

well this is what i am saying to the company thant i bought the goods from and they said to me that the courier company do not need a signature it can be anything as long as they have something to say the good were delivered and i am saying that is insane the whole point of a sign delivery is you get a proper signature which they have not.... as i have not received the goods so how could i sign for them.... the driver has said that someone working in my garden signed for the goods to cover hes own back and low and behold the person name was Gary which happens to be my name bit of a coinsodiance.... just having a hard time trying to get to the bottom of it and getting worried if they can get away with such a stunt....

there must be some law on my side to disprove there lies like conparing my signature with the one they have i also have 2 witness that where there when the driver admitted he left the goods in the front garden and signed my first name....

Many thanks

Gary

Hi

In that case I would ask the company you purchased goods from for a copy of their goods delivery policy and procedure and also ask the courier company for exactly the same thing.

Its all fine and well them saying that to you but where does it actually state this in the companies policies and procedure you need to see that in black and white yourself

and the way to do that is to inform them that you require copies of all documentation relating to that policy and procedure as goods of such a value should always require not just a signature but proof of identity before handing over such high value goods.

Remember as they are saying its company policy then you want a copy of that companies policy that states this.

Please please try and speak to that postman to see if they would do a witness statement on the events of the day the courier made their admission to you when they were present.

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi Warriors,

I wouldn't muddy the waters just now.

Let the Letter Before Action show that you're not interested in the stupidity of who signed what and why.

You paid for goods and they were not safely delivered to you.

Speak to the Postie, sure but I would not start asking for copies of delivery T&C's for now.

Just MHO.

Basically the courier has used a false instrument to gain a pecuniary advantage (fake signature to get paid for a job not done), which is theft. Tell both companies this but remind seller that your contract is with them and they have failed to perform to the contract (not delivered good paid for) and thus it will be them who is taken to court for breach of contract. Tell them that you will help them with their claim against the carrier but this will not deflect you from your claim.