re-capquest phonecalls to work

wag
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi please can anyone help me. Capquest have taken over a couple of debts if have with catalogues, i am not in a good place (in my head) at the mo because of all my debts, i have started on anti depressants and am going to start to sort this out! i have got letters from capquest (which i havent opened yet), but i intend to open and write to them with an offer, but, they rang my work last week and i told them they had not to ring here as i cant take personal phone calls, the lady agreed to remove the number but wouldnt get off the phone saying i needed to sort the debt out, i said i would write to them or email but she said they dont have the facilities to email??? anyway i have come into work this morining and my boss greeted me with a piece of paper with capquest name, ref and number on it!! he was not happy!!! i was extremely embarrassed; are they allowed to do this?

thanks

Hi no they are not allowed to do this.i would send them a letter stating that you only wish to deal with them in writing and any phone calls will now be recorded and treated as harrassment under the oft guidelines. Hope this geta you somewhere.

Please add to my reputation....

SUCCESS - Capital One PPI, Three Mobile charges, Orange Mobile charges, MBNA PPI

Wonga, Lowell, MMF 2 accounts, Provident x 3 Accounts, (ALL Unable to provide CCA)

wag,

Before making any offers sending letters of any sort PLEASE list the debts that are being chased by Capquest, you could end up paying on a debt that is SB.

List the creditor, the amount, the date of the last payment. Check your credit reference files asap.

Then send the following letter to

The Compliance Manager

Capquest.

Ref: use theirs.

Formal Complaint Breaches of OFT Guidance on Debt collectio.

Having had recent telephone contact with an operative of Capquest made clear instructions that NO telephone Contact was to be made at any time either to my private numbers or to my place of work.

I was disgusted and embarrased when arriving at my place of work to be handed a slip of paper by my boss stating that Capquest had telephoned. I made it very clear to your incompetent operative that nosuch calls are allowed by my employer.

I should perhaps remind Capquest of the OFT Guidance on this type of conduct as clearly it has been forgotten.

Section 3. (j) & (k) (Communication) unfair and improper practices. (j) ''Contacting Debtors at unreasonable times.'' (k)''Ignoring or disregarding debtors reasonable requests as to when where and how to contact them''.

Section 3.7 (q) Physical/Psychological Harassment. States '' Acting ina way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor, either deliberately or negligently ( that is to say, through lack of care)''.

This section also includes ''asking others to pass on messages to debtors, and in so doing potentially revealing to them that the intended recipients of such messages are being pursude for repayment of debts.

All telephone contact WILL now cease,and Capquest WILL remove ALL telephone numbers relating to me from it's records.

Should Capquest continue to disregard my instructions suitable action for harassment WILL be taken.

Confirmation of compliance is required by return of post.

Send RD and check when they receive it.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

oh that is brilliant, thank you for taking the time to do that for me! i am going to put details in now and send today, thank you

Your welcome! Please keep me posted on the results.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: