rossendale bailliffs letter threatens jail for council tax debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recieved 3 letters from rossendale baillifs today following a visit from a very aggressive emploee of theirs last

week, who took a photgraph of the removed right of implied access notice on my front door.

He did not ask me my name and got very aggressive with me when asked for to see his documentation and bailliffs certificate.

My neighbours son heard the commotion from the bailliff and started to video him on his mobile phone.My neighbours son is autistic and the bailliff refferred to him as stupid.

I got into debt with my council tax after my infant twins died and being self employed could not work alot due to bereavement and 2 nervous breakdowns.I have been on antidepressants and other medication along with coucelling from our local mental health association.

I have been back to the doctors today as these threatening letters wanting me jailed has caused me to have a emotional breakdown today and I was given diazapam and citlorapram and reffered back to my mental health worker.

I do not have the money to pay this debt off in its entirity and I am deeply distressed with these threats.

Please help as I do not know what to do

Edited by citizenB

Hello and Welcome,

I have moved your thread to the appropriate Forum, hopefully you'll get some help shortly.

Regards,

Scott.

Edited by maroondevo52

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

1st of all go see your doctor, you need some form of proof of the medications your on, you are classed as vunerable.

write to the council with copys to the bailiff company and your local MP outlining your medical condition.

the treat of prison is so remote you need not worry about it, the bailiff is trying to scare you into paying.

if he comes knocking only speak to him thru the letter box or upstairs window,

tell him of your medical conditions and letters have been sent to your company, the council and your MP

your wise to record things on your mobile phone if you can

the bailiff cannot request your commital to prison, that is a judges decision, and the judges only do that for people that blatently refuse to pay and your not refusing.

also i would pay what you can afford each week/month to the council via online payment

they cannot refuse payments

the council will fob you off saying you must deal with the bailiffs its out of their hands-- codswollop!!! you must get this returned to the council on your vunrability grounds

My doctor said she will write a letter for me outlining my medical state and medications I am on.I will photocopy the letter and post it to my local council and the bailliffs agency.I am panicking incase they arrest me and take me to court and my name and details will be in the local paper.with us being in a small gossip ridden town it will destroy my business i have fought so hard to keep operating under my personal circumstances.

the y will not arrest you, it is only a liability order, in these cases the bailiff has no powers of arrest, it is not a warrant of commital

your local MP and CAB would be a good port of call for you.

get the copys of the documents, it would be wise to have a few spares to throw at the bailiff if he visits again. from a upstairs window of course

try not to panic, people can and will help you.

its most important you get the medical letter and send it to the rigght people. you could always scan it in to your pc and email it to them as well as hard copys too

There is no law that says you have to speak to or deal with a bailiff. Each time he calls do not open the door. Do not believe a word he says - Bailiffs Lie. Do you know who your local Councillor is?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good advice from sgtbush, contact the council as advised by sgt bush, and quote from the national standards stating you are vulnerable on mental health grouds, and send the supporting evidence:

Vulnerable situations

 Enforcement agents/agencies and creditors must recognise that

they each have a role in ensuring that the vulnerable and socially

excluded are protected and that the recovery process includes

procedures agreed between the agent/agency and creditor about

how such situations should be dealt with. The appropriate use of

discretion is essential in every case and no amount of guidance

could cover every situation, therefore the agent has a duty to

contact the creditor and report the circumstances in situations

where there is evidence of a potential cause for concern. If

necessary, the enforcement agent will advise the creditor if further

action is appropriate. The exercise of appropriate discretion is

needed, not only to protect the debtor, but also the enforcement

agent who should avoid taking action which could lead to

accusations of inappropriate behaviour.

 Enforcement agents must withdraw from domestic premises if the

only person present is, or appears to be, under the age of 18; they

can ask when the debtor will be home - if appropriate.

 Enforcement agents must withdraw without making enquiries if the

only persons present are children who appear to be under the age

of 12.

 Wherever possible, enforcement agents should have

arrangements in place for rapidly accessing translation services

when these are needed, and provide on request information in

large print or in Braille for debtors with impaired sight.

 Those who might be potentially vulnerable include:

 the elderly;

 people with a disability;

 the seriously ill;

 the recently bereaved;

 single parent families;

 pregnant women;

 unemployed people; and,

 those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or

reading English.

You should send a Formal complaint to the council Head of Revenues copied to CEO, Leader and your MP, specifically highlighting Rossendales ignoring your vuklnerability, threatening prison, and generally acting like muppets.

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I have not responded to previous letters and never opened the door.My friend advised me to put a removed right of implied access notice on my front door.Does this notice lawfully prevent these corporations/agents from entering my property even if accompanied by the local police.Our local police refuse to stand on their oaths and always side with the bailliffs

I have not responded to previous letters and never opened the door.My friend advised me to put a removed right of implied access notice on my front door.Does this notice lawfully prevent these corporations/agents from entering my property even if accompanied by the local police.Our local police refuse to stand on their oaths and always side with the bailliffs

removal of implied access only applies to commercial debt , like catalogs, credit cards etc etc

not council tax, magistrates court fines, HMRC VAT etc as they are subject to legislation and its written in their that it cannot be removed, if they omitted it, wouldnt everyone remove implied access rights to them!!

• Haha 1

Apart from anything else you have allowed him access to read it - for it to take any effect it needs to be on the boundary of your property - front gate for example. It would also depend on what it said but would not rely on it too much - however Lord Scarman did comment that it may be of some use.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Keep all the mail you get from the bailiffs and there company make a note of day it came, if it came in the post or by hand, make a note of the time and date even keep the envelopes you may need this later its important for future ref .

The notice is nailed to my front door.My front door exists onto the street and there is no path or garden to the front of the propert.The only access to the rear of the property is through an allyway door that is always bolted.The bailliff was never allowed to enter the property, my front door was locked.The bailliff read the notice and photographed it.

The notice is nailed to my front door.My front door exists onto the street and there is no path or garden to the front of the propert.The only access to the rear of the property is through an allyway door that is always bolted.The bailliff was never allowed to enter the property, my front door was locked.The bailliff read the notice and photographed it.

May have photographed your door number to show he made a visit for the record

Chippyson

I am very sorry indeed to hear of your personal problems and from what you have written it would seem that you are almost certainly classed as "vulnerable" according to the National Standards for Enforcement Agents.

What really worries me about your post is that you have not mentioned whether or not you had written to the council to make them aware of your circumstances.

A letter should have been sent as soon as you received notification from the council that they had issued a summons for non payment of the council tax. If you could not write the letter at that stage then a letter should have been sent as soon as you received the letter from the council to advise you that the Liability Order had been obtained and that it would be passed to a bailiff if not paid within 14 days.

You will see from reading many of my posts I am constantly telling people to ensure that they WRITE A LETTER to the council and copy the bailiff company.

If a letter is written to the council and is ignored, then you can ask for the complaint to then be referred to the Ombudsman.

• Confused 1