2 speeding NIP 1 week apart and need to change name on licence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I need advice ASAP please.

I have received 2 NIP one week apart for the same road.

1st says I was doing 36 on a 30

the other 38 on a 30 road.

The road is Hoole road Chester.

I think the area I would have been speeding is where the road changes for national speedlimit to 30.

I only noticed this yesterday when on this road again.

I had assumed it was 40 limit.

The other problem is I need to change my name on my driving licence as it is still in my maiden name.

Do I send off forms with my current licence number or wait and change it for my new name.

Oh my. The dreaded Hoole road. I know it VERY well. I used to live in Phillips street and Pine grove, just around the corner from it. The entire road is 30 from waaaaaay back by the fountains roundabout, infact, its 30 ALL the way from Overleigh roundabout, or parkgate road if you are coming from the other direction, right he way to hoole roundabout. I'm guessing you got caught by the sneaky camera half way down just past fairfield road/ Park drive, near the playing field, heading in to chester.

IIRC theres a 30 sign just before the camera too.

The main problem with that road is there are no repeater signs anywhere along that road apart from right next to the camera, so it is easy to increase your speed by a few mph. Especially if the road is pretty clear ( which is rare for that road).

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The main problem with that road is there are no repeater signs anywhere along that road apart from right next to the camera, so it is easy to increase your speed by a few mph. Especially if the road is pretty clear ( which is rare for that road).

The lack of repeater signs is not the "main problem" as any competant driver would know that once a 30mph zone is entered, then all roads are 30mph unless specifically signed (eg a school 20mph zone). Repeaters are not required and the lack of such repeaters should have prompted the driver to realise he was in a 30mph area even if he had missed the original 30mph entry sign.

Being caught at official speeds of 36 and 38mph on the 2 occassions would undoubtedly have been showing on the car speedo at around 38 to 41mph so I am not sure you could describe that as "so it is easy to increase your speed by a few mph"!

I agree, but there is a HUGE stretch of area that has no signage to the speed. Infact, if you check google maps, youll see what i mean. Of course, it is no excuse, but people coming down from Hoole roundabout past Fairfield more than likely have just come off the A55 or the Motorway, and simply didnt notice the solitary sign near the roundabout. Infact theres a national speed limit sign around 100 yards before the roundabout and the sign for the 30 is right at the turn off. If you arent looking for it, as you are coming from a 70 zone from all 3 directions on the roundabout, then you will easily miss it.

If you have ever travelled down that road, youll see that it is very easily done. It's no excuse, but i'm just posting facts. One thing to note, and the OP should have been aware, is that the entire stretch of road is a hotspot for speeding. That camera is making tens of thousands for the police/LA, and you almost always see a police camera down by Hoole bridge to catch the speeders that are coming over it from chester.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I know I was speeding now but I genuinely thought the road was a 40 milelimit. I drive daily with my job and always try to stick to the speed limit.Unfortunately I did not know this area. 1 st occasion I was on a trip to Chesterwith my sister 2nd was on my way to course in Chester.Only trips to the area in over 5 years. I really need advice on how to reply toNIPs due to being in the process of changing my name on driving licence. DVLA suggestedsending my current number with a covering letter. Is this right?

For those speeds you would likely be offered one speed awareness course (if you haven't done one before) and one fixed penalty (3 points and £60). You'll need your physical licence to accept the fixed penalty, and probably to attend the course as well.

Have you actually sent your licence back to the DVLA yet? If not the easiest solution is to wait until this is sorted out before changing your name on the licence. While strictly speaking you're supposed to update the name on your licence immediately, it's very unlikely that you'd be prosecuted for doing it a month or two late - many people don;t get round to doing it for years.

If you've already sent your licence to the DVLA all you can really do is reply as best you can, explain the situation with your licence, and hope that if necessary they cut you a bit of slack on the timescales to accept the fixed penalty and/or take the course. Whatever happens you MUST respond naming yourself as the driver within 28 days of receiving the NIP, whether or not you have a licence to send, otherwise you commit the more serious offence of failing to provide driver information which could leave you looking at 6 points and a fine of a few hundred pounds for each offence.