teed_off

Pension Credits re:overpayments

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2409 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All

Not sure where to start with all this!! Husband received a letter from the Debt Management Corby in July 2010 about an over payment of pension credits of 8K which was amassed Feb 2004 to June 2007. We were both shocked by this and contact the centre same day as he received the letter. They could not give us any information in regards to this and referred us to the pension service. We contacted them and they could not give us any information either. So we wrote to them disputing this amount and asking if they can send details as to how the payments where made i.e. bank,building society or giro. We didn't hear anything from the DWP until Jan 2013. When the DWP said they had reviewed all the "facts" and the overpayment was valid.

Well in 2003 my husband opened an PO account and had the benefit he was claiming paid into it, he was in receipt on incapacity benefit then in 2005 he turned 65 and his benefit changed to old age and his statements from the PO show this clearly. We don't know what to do now as no matter we tell them or send them the DWP are insistent he owes this money and they have started to deduct money from his pension.

What can I do about it? I am in the process of formulating a complaint and sending the copies of the statements and asking yet again where was and how was the money paid to him! I am so tired of this and frustrated to say the least. Today I contacted the debt place again only to be referred to the pension service cos they can't answer my questions and the pension service refers me back to the debt people again. Surely to God there is somewhere in this country that can help me get this resolved! Sorry for the rant and any help will be appreciated. x

Firstly you need to find out the date that the overpayment was decided - this is very important, and if they sent a letter, where was it sent.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Firstly you need to find out the date that the overpayment was decided - this is very important, and if they sent a letter, where was it sent.

from the info I have, the date was when the letter was sent to my hubby notifying him of the overpayment and that was July 2010.

from the info I have, the date was when the letter was sent to my hubby notifying him of the overpayment and that was July 2010.

This would put you out of time to appeal the decision. Did your hubby challenge the decision in 2010?

This would put you out of time to appeal the decision. Did your hubby challenge the decision in 2010?

Yes he did and the DWP did not reply until Jan 2013! But that can't be can it? If the DWP doesn't inform you then how can you appeal in a specific time span? I can prove he did not receive the payments but no one wants to help. what a situation to be in!! This is so so wrong!

How did he challenge the decision? What response did he get in jan 2013?