• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Clydesdale Bank Current Account Default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys, bit of advice would be very helpful.

To cut a long story short circumstance-wise, last year while I was a student, I was in and out of hospital in Aberdeen from June - September, as a result of this I lost my job due to the fact they needed someone in full-time (I wasn't on a full time contract so I did not get any sick benefits). My grandmother also suffered a stoke, and my parents were in the process of repossesion proceedings....great few months. Anyway...

This resulted in my finances getting a bit behind, I missed about 1 or 2 months payments with my other cards etc, which was ok and got them back on track. With Clydesdale however, I missed 3 payments on my current account with a £500 overdraft limit. It went up to about £30 over limit. In October I made a payment of £70 to bring my account back above the £500 limit. However, as I have now been told, after various charges and fees by Clydesdale that month my account ended up being £1 over the limit even after my payment....

After paying that I thought everything was in order, as I had set up a direct debit. When I checked my credit rating at the end of January....it was showing as defaulted. My payments in December and January had been bounced back to my account (obviously as they had closed the account).

After making my October payment I had to leave my apartment and return to my parents to recover from my hospital time. I informed the Aberdeen branch to change my address...which they did not. I'm very angry as you can imagine. Although they might have already been in the process of closing the account after 3 missed payments, without having any knowledge of this in my new address, I assumed all was in order. They also never attempted to call me about the account either. The fact I informed them in-branch to change my address, and they did not do, is ridiculous. So I had no notice at all of any termination / default letters. If I had known this, I have the funds to blooming arrange a plan with them and could have been avoided.

I also note they continued to charge me £20 in December and £20 in January, even though they have told me they 'closed the account'. All the woman in branch offered was 'Oh, that is probably an admin charge'. So in total my account ended at £541 before this 'default' was applied.

To have my credit ruined for 6 years for being £1 overlimit is an utter disgrace, especially after their charges put me overlimit by that amount anyway. The maximum that account was overlimit was £30.....Just cannot believe the sheer arrogance of the bank in-branch and on the phone, totally unwilling to help me and rather rude about my whole situation. I have to say, when I had a similar issue with RBS they were very understanding and removed a default notice on my credit card completely after I paid it off in full.

I've written a letter of complaint to Clydesdale, explaining the circumstances and asking them as a gesture of goodwill to remove the default....what advice, if any, do you guys have? Do you think I have a case at all legally? Or do they have no culpability in this legally.

Kind Regards

Greg

Place a notice of dispute on all cra files.

You should head any complaint as A FORMAL COMPLAINT , which means that the bank must investigate and give you their findings within 56 days.

The ICO states that if a default sum is made up of charges without which the account would not have defaulted oo default should be placed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Let's see what they say first, then if necessary it can be escalated to a Formal Complaint.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

An update on the situation:

I had a letter back from Clydesdale. They did not uphold my complaint. They said that the default letter was issued after 2 missed payments on my account...and that when I made my payment to take the account back into the limit, they had already sent a letter at the start of the month informing me what interest would be applied and therefore it was still my fault that I was £1 overlimit.

Basically, they've totally fobbed me off.

Also, in my letter I included a SAR with a cheque, and also clearly stated that I required them to provide me

With a copy of any default letters / notices they sent me. They only provided my account statements - no letters of default. I may be wrong, but I thought if they cannot provide evidence of a default letter then they have not complied legally?

What would be my next step?

Kind regards

Intention to default and default notices are not routinely kept as hard copy on a debtors file, it is sufficient for a creditor to record that such a notice wasb sent on a particular date.

As to the default they are correct,BUY imo this is unfair for a sum of £1 and I would suggest an ''appeal'' to Clydesdales data controller on the grounds that it is unreasonable/unfair.

What about the fact that I left the property I was living in before the default notice was sent, explained my health situation etc in my local branch, asked them to change my address, and they did not? I literally received no default notice as I wasn't even in that address. The bank failed to update my details. Any scope for using this against them?

Think it's a complete farce that they'll happily ruin someone's credit for 6 years over £1 when they've got thousands of people in debt to the tune of tens of thousands of pounds, think they are a bit more of an issue than my case. For all RBS's faults, they at least removed my default for a similar situation..sigh

Sorry, forgot to add:

Do the bank also need to provide a copy of my Credit Agreement within a SAR? That was not given to me either. How do I go about requesting this? And if they cannot provide a signed copy of this, is there scope this way for me to get the default removed?

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring an old thread up, have been in hospital and just got back on top of things.

Clydesdale never provided me with my default letters, any notice of impending closure of account, etc. Nor my Credit Agreement. Are they supposed to provide this in a SAR? If so, can I hold this against them for not doing so and demand they do send it?

There is no obligation for the creditor to supply a credit agreement with a SAR the is covered by sections 77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

With default notices they are not routinely held as hard copies by creditor all that happens is that a note is made on the debtors file that a DN was sent on a particular date, this all that is required.

I would have expected to see a closure/termination letter but no the other items