Already Repossesed Following Second Repossesion Order - Northern Rock

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I hope you can offer some advice on this, it's quite a long story but I'll try and keep it concise

My friends property was repossesed on Monday and he only found out when he got home and the locks were changed. He immediately contacted Northern Rock who first of all said if he cleared the arrears (approximately £1,100, two months arrears) and paid three months in advance he could get the house back. They then changed their mind on the phone after speaking to a different department and said they wouldn't accept any payments and the house was repossesed. The reason they gave was that it was because it was the second time they had put a repossesion order on the house. The previous one was served in roughly August 2012 and with help managed to get the £4,500.00 of arrears cleared and the repossesion stopped without going to court.

I have done lots of research and can see there is still some potential to get the property back but am struggling with what the next step should be. Everywhere I have read it says he should continue to make mortgage payments yet Northern Rock refused to take his money??!! He is seeking legal advice but finding solicitors are not calling him back, which is proving very frustrating.

He was also under considerable stress with his finances as the house had had a significant fire (total loss of the roof and roof timbers) and he only found out after the fire his insurance had lapsed. He spent a considerable sum of money trying to get the property inhabitable again and then ran out of money. He wasn't living in the property again until around August 2012 due to the condition of the house and was hopping between friends homes and that in itself has taken it's toll. The fire was also the reason why he fell into arrears last year.

Should he go to his doctor to have it put on file he is suffering with stress?

Should he be looking to file an injunction to stop the sale of the house first?

Thank you for your help