style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The above company are offering to stop all of my unwanted phone calls, silent calls, sales calls etc. for a one off fee off £30. Considering how many I get I would be happy to pay them if they are genuine. I am subscribed to The Telephone Preference Service but it does not seem to stop may of them. has anyone any first hand experience of Opt-Out UK ?

trevorgrant welcome to The Consumer Action Group community.

You haven't received any replies to your problem yet so you might be better off posting your story again directly in the sub-forum which deals with your kind of situation. You will get lots of support there.

Also, spend some time looking round the forum. Once you understand the layout, you will be able to get best use from this Consumer Community. It is a big forumm and may take some time. But it will be worth doing.

Good luck.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Hello and Welcome,

I have moved your thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I can't see what they do apart from register you with TPS and follow up any calls that you get.

You can also buy their callblocker box but there are many of those on the market - I would compare functionality and reviews first before buying one

I considered getting a "Truecall" box since that gives the option of recording calls, but the calls have dried up ...

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a CPR Global call blocker from Amazon and it works great. I'm so grateful to you for giving me this suggestion. It stops all but a few unwanted calls which I can block as I receive them.

Many thanks.

• 10 months later...

If you Google the phone number they ran you on, its a [problem]. I registered my 81 year old father with TPS which is a free service, somehow these people intercepted his number and rang him and told him it was £30, to which he paid. He told me about this when I spoke to him, I have now, since the end of November been trying to have this £30 refunded to him and Teresa keeps promising me it will be sorted (supposed to be after 28 days). She says this £30 is mentioned on the 2nd page, even though its advertised as a free service, the charge is an admin charge. Don't let anyone else fall foul of this company. I thought it was a genuine mistake, but now they aren't paying the money back and not answering the phones when they are supposed to be at work according to the recorded message. I still don't know how they intercepted the details, but my dad is now registered with the proper TPS and it is free as stated

Just buy a Tru-Call device. Little bit more, but worth it. Filters calls, and for a tad extra you can record conversations to SD card - VERY useful when dealing with companies who dispute what their employees say on the phone!