BankFodder BankFodder

leeseylee

What next (old council tax debt)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2666 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, can someone help?

Basically was in a totally bad situation for about 2 years, about 1 year ago, had no money whatsoever. I had some bailiffs round for council tax during this time, they never got anywhere as I wasnt in the 3 times they called and it got handed back to the council. Now I am in a much better position and am wondering what best move is? I dont want them out to my house again, so should I go to the council and offer to pay it, will they accept a reasonable repayment offer?

Any help much appreciated.

:smile:

i would always suggest that you are better off trying to sort it out directly with council rather than bailiffs

in my experience, most councils would consider a reasonable offer as it is better for them to have some money coming in, than none

however they may try and push you into paying more than you can afford, do not enter into any agreement that you cannot afford, be realistic

do you know how much the debt is?

do you know how much you can afford?

i note you have said you are now in a better situation, does this mean you are working? be careful as they may try to go for an Attachment of Earnings

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

If you have the correct details you can pay the Council direct using online banking, Council website or automated phone service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]