Issue with DABS.com re Laptop Not Working Correctly

strocky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Purchased a laptop as a Xmas present (16th Dec), gave it to sister on Xmas day, a few weeks later she said she had the following issues -:

Windows 7 Logon screen fills with characters on logon screen (no keys are stuck) If you put the laptop to sleep and turn back on again, the touchpad fails to work (you have to shutdown the laptop and re-boot to fix)

I emailed DABS on the 11th Feb, asking if they knew of a fix to the above to which they replied

"I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your item. In the first instance, you would need to contact the manufacturer to discuss the fault with them and to obtain a fault reference number and once you have this, we will be able to create a return for you."

I replied that my contract was with DABS and not Samsung, so DABS replied

I have created a return for a replacement for you. Please package the goods securely and label as below: Please note that if the goods are found not to be faulty, they will be returned back to you which is why we require the fault reference number from the manufacturer.

Thank you for contacting our customer services team. We confirm that once we've received the item(s) from the sales order below, we'll pass it to the manufacturer for repair under warranty. Please note this process could take between four and six weeks

TBH I was looking more for technical support rather than a replacement, so where DABS correct in referring me to Samsung?

Secondly is 4 to 6 Weeks an acceptable timeframe to handle a return, if I have to go down that road?

All input welcome

4-6 weeks is not acceptable in my opinion. Whilst the SOGA does not have a set limit for repairs, it does state that they should be carried out in a 'reasonable time' and this is commonly accepted to be around the 28-30 day mark.

Also, whatever you do don't contact Samsung. You should go through Dabs and only Dabs. Them telling you to go to Samsung is just them attempting to dump off their responsibilities, and could potentially cause problems in the event of any future claims under the SOGA.

Thanks for the reply

TBH I would be happy if DABS would offer technical advice and see if I could fix myself, however they either can't or won't offer tech support

Think I'll phone CS and see what they say