DCA chasing HMRC debt

ruth101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My husband owes around £1,950 from his April 2012 tax return and this was passed to a DCA at the end of November, and is on his fifth letter "Final Demand" (up from Reminder Notice) from them today, dated 7th February.

It says he needs to ring them by Friday and "DO NOT WRITE", to arrange payment and that they may be able to enter into a repayment plan.

At the end of the day, it HAS to be paid, but it would probably take until August to repay, by which time we are late with this years tax.

Are they likely to accept this? Should we contact HMRC directly? Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks,

Ruth

The DCAs (which one is this?) are acting on behalf of HMRC and have to act on certain guidlines, they have no authority say to start court action and have to refer back to nHMRC.

How long has this been with the DCA?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I would suggest trying to negotiate with HMRC direct, and in writting it not a good idea imo to deal with DCAs by phone unless you can record the calls.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

You have no proof of what they or you have said, they WILL attempt to mislead you, deny that you have ever phoned, and some are known to make threats of action that are simply not possible.

• 7 months later...

Hmrc use 10 Dcas to collect outstanding taxes that people cannot/will not pay and monitor their pet monkey with close scrutiny with regards to compliance.

I'd say that the likelyhood of a central contract being withdrawn and the extra business that will come from being a hmrc poodle being withdrawn isn't worth the corner cutting that you could get away with on say a purchases debt.

I will have to pay the debt, but would rather pay HMRC online directly.

DCA made all the threats, but after ignoring them and not answering their calls they stopped hassling.

I'm sorry I forgot to conclude the post as I hate it when I'm reading a thread relative to a problem I may have and it suddenly ends without an answer.

I would definitely contact HMRC and try and arrange an affordable repayment plan with them and not the DCA. I have found in previous dealing with HMRC that thay have been very helpful, polite & understanding.