• Tweets

• Hi. Could you post up what they've sent please so we can see what the charge is? Cover up your name and address and their reference number. HB
    • I've looked through all our old NPE threads, and as far as we know they have never had the bottle to do court. There are no guarantees of course, but when it comes to put or shut up they definitely tend towards shut up. How about something like -   Dear Jonathan and Julie, Re: PCN no.XXXXX cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in laughter at the idea that you actually expected me to take this tripe seriously and cough up. I'll write to you not some uninterested third party, thanks all the same, because you have are the ones trying to threaten me about this non-existent "debt". Go and look up Jopson v Homeguard Services Ltd, saddos.  Oh, while you're at it, go and look up your Subject Access Request obligations - we all know how you ballsed that up way back in January to March. Dear, dear, dear - you couldn't resist adding your £70 Unicorn Food Tax, you greedy gets.  Judges don't like these made-up charges, do they? You can either drop this foolishness now or get a hell of a hammering in court.  Both are fine with me.  Summer is coming up and I would love a holiday at your expense after claiming an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g). I look forward to your deafening silence.   That should show them you're not afraid of them and draw their attention to their having legal problems of their own with the SAR.  If they have any sense they'll crawl back under their stone and leave you in peace.  Over the next couple of days invest in a 2nd class stamp (all they are worth) and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.
    • Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Minicredit and StepChange are imcompatible?

the_pit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I set up a plan with Step Change (formerly CCCS) and Minicredit is not happy.

Apparently they don't accept DMP's or something like that, but what is more strange is that I recieved a call from Step Change saying that I should contact them to tell them to send the debt to a third party so Step Change can deal with the debt. (DCA or something).

I don't know.. it doesn't makes sense to my, this is the email I received from them, what should I do please?

Thanks!

"Microcredit Ltd does not deal with debt management agencies directly due to the Loan Agreement and the payment methods we have to accept under it. All Customers have to make payments with a debit card according to the Loan Agreement and that is something the debt management agencies usually refuse to do. If You would like a Debt management company to act on Your behalf they would still need to honour the Loan agreement You have signed with our company. The debt management plans also last over 120 days from the due date so that the default on the credit reference cannot be avoided.

When the loan is defaulted the account will immediately be forwarded to our Debt recovery and Legal action partner. They will then decide whether a payment arrangement can be set up with You if the payment offer is reasonable or start Legal action to have the Court order set on the payments.

You are able to choose between 3 payment options: settlement amount paid in full immediately, settlement plan and payment plan. The settlement amount has to cover the loan principal amount, interest 1% of the principal per day and overdue penalties of £80, the debit attempt fees are decreased depending on when You notify us regarding the financial difficulties. The settlement payment can be made with a one-off payment with interest added up to the date we receive the payment. You may also clear the settlement payment by partly payments latest by the 120th day overdue if You wish to avoid the default status on the credit reference. The interest calculation will end with the date of the last payment. The settlement amount with default date interest can be repaid over a longer period through our debt recovery partner with a payment plan but this option will include a default on the credit reference.

Microcredit Ltd has provided the Customers, who wish to apply for the payment plan, the possibility to fill in the hardship form on the online account. Many Customers do not wish to set up a long term payment plan with our debt recovery partners as they are able to settle the account within 4 months from the due date.

Please bear in mind that Microcredit Ltd is not able to stop the automated debit attempts so if You have the possibility then cancel the card that is registered in the system."

There is nothing written that says that a creditor must accept a DMP. However, if they tried to take you to court, they would look very foolish indeed, and the judge could even wipe the debt completely if/when they lose.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Ok, but should I try an contact them to know my options.. or... I can maybe the payments like £20 per month or something like that? Just in case they want to go to court to show my willingness to pay.

Original loan was £400, current balance $650, what would you do renegadeimp?

DMP is all set for other creditors and first payment of £200 is due in March.

Thanks million.

First you need a breakdown of the debt. Minimuppets are known for adding on silly charges. You could siomply say that you are in severe financial distress, and to place minicredit above your other creditors who have agreed to the DMP, would not be fair to those creditors. Therefore, you will pay an agreed repayment plan, but only if they sign up to the DMP. Should they take you to court, you will show the judge your financial situation and show that minicredit point blank refused to agree to the DMP, choosing instead to add on unlawful charges, breaching their credit licence obligations and placing you in more distress.

One thing to remember is that Minicredit always threaten and harass people just as they are doing to you. Once you show that you know your rights and wont be taken for a gullible fool, they usually cower right down.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

They want your card number, they aren't interested in anything else but your card number. Once they have that they will raid your bank account.

Do not under any circumstances give them your card number and don't request anything either.

If £20 is all you can afford, then 'tell' them that is a pro rata amount and ask for their bank account details so you can make payments on line. They will refuse, so you then tell them that as they refuse to offer another way to pay other than by card, you will send them a postal order each month and deduct the fee for the postal order, the stamp and the stationary from the amount outstanding.

Thanks guys, I was surprised that Step Change doesn't avise like you do, they just said, "try to speak to them so they transfer the debt to a third party as they don't accept DMP"... don't like that..

Anyway I will go with your reccomendations, thanks a lot.

DMP's are there simply to pay your creditors. Some negotiate, others dont. Thats why we recommend people go it alone if they can. You can easily admin your own DMP and done right, your creditors accept it.

I gues this is very bad as well:

"Please bear in mind that Microcredit Ltd is not able to stop the automated debit attempts so if You have the possibility then cancel the card that is registered in the system"

How it would be possible that they cannot control their own automated system? Total Rubish, this is not an excuse. I guess that they need to stop taking money if I tell them that I don't authorise them anymore or I am wrong?

Yes they are able to stop. That alone breaks the terms of their credit licence and MUST be reported.

They certainly can stop it. If not, what happens when you come to the end of payments, do they continue to take money for ever and ever. These companies must think people are idiots.

The main thing that must be done is to make payments, and keep up those payments, so never pay out more than you can afford. What you can afford must include putting something aside for a rainy day.

I received this today, what do you think?

We do provide the option to make partly payments of any amount on Your MiniCredit.co.uk online account 24/7. We accept all payments You make on Your MiniCredit.co.uk account. All the overdue charges and interest will be added daily until full repayment, we do not have the option to freeze the balance according to the Loan agreement and the Loan should be cleared by the 120th day overdue to avoid Legal action.

All payments have to be made by a debit card according to the Loan Agreement. The possibility to make payments using a different debit card once only is provided on Your MiniCredit.co.uk account. If You do not have a debit card to use to make the payments please learn more about the option how to use Ukash vouchers on Your MiniCredit.co.uk online account.

We can also provide You with these options:

The first option is a settlement. The settlement means that when You contact our Customer support we are able to reduce the current outstanding balance and waive some of the failed debit attempt fees. The settlement must be paid over the phone during the phone-call with a debit card.

The second option we are able to provide You is a settlement plan. We provide all our clients 120 days from the due date to make payments of any amount towards their outstanding balance. You would need to make at least one payment a month towards the balance. Before the 120th comes days You would need to make a full and final settlement offer. Microcredit Ltd will then overlook all the payments we have received and they will be taken into consideration while calculating the settlement. The reasonable settlement amount must cover the daily interest for every day our funds have been used, the loan principal and the two penalties for breaking the Loan agreement. The interest is 1% of the Loan principal per day. We are able to decrease some of the failed debit attempt fees.

Microcredit does not provide You the dates nor the amounts when You need to make the payments. The partial payments possibility is available 24/7 on Your www.minicredit.co.uk online account under "Repayment" section. The most important part is that at least once a month a payment of any amount must be made. The loan should be cleared latest by the 120th overdue day.

The settlement can be discussed at any point when You have a larger amount available to offer as a full and final settlement.

The third option is a payment plan. The payment plan means that we will add the default date interest to the loan principal, the two penalties for breaking the Loan agreement (£80) and the decreased debit attempt fees and forward the account to our debt recovery partner from the beginning of the next month. The default is marked on the credit reference but You will be able to make the payments on a monthly basis to clear the balance.

Has anyone had experience of completing Minicredit's hardship application form? I have completed one and sent it to them and am currently waiting for them to get back to me. I'm hoping that they will accept my proposed payment plan?

Does this process work???

THats the standard minicredit form letter. It breaks OFT guidance in multiple ways and must be reported.

What do you exactly mean with "report it" , I am willing to do it but don't know actually what that means :) Sorry and thanks for your continuous support!

THats the standard minicredit form letter. It breaks OFT guidance in multiple ways and must be reported.

I'm hoping that they will accept my proposed payment plan?

Does this process work???

Too bad if they don't, if you have told them what you can afford they can expect nor demand any more. As long as you have taken out all your priority payments and living amounts first.

What do you exactly mean with "report it" , I am willing to do it but don't know actually what that means :) Sorry and thanks for your continuous support!

Reporting means file a full complaint with the OFT ( Office of Fair Trading). The OFT is the regulator for the credit industry and is the agency that decides whether or not the company is fit to hold a credit licence, and can also decide whether to shut the company down.

I think you certainly need to bring to the attention of the OFT some of the things they say they CANNOT do - I believe they are obliged to accept reasonable offers and the OFT are not best pleased when offers of repayment are made and refused ! It is my understanding that they are also obliged to co-operate with DMPs if the debtor is in one !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Theyre not obliged CB, but if they refuse when the debtor has shown all other creditors have signed up, then its a breach of their credit licence. Especially if they try to get the debtor to raise the repayments which wouldn't be fair to the other creditors in the DMP.

Ah, right.. thanks imp :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Look what Step Change sent me regarding Minicredit:

"We are currently not sending payments to Minicredit.

They were not cashing the cheques we were sending to them. The company is currently being investigated.

Minicredit are passing some of their accounts to third party collection companies. "

There are a couple of PDL's that the CAB are investigating. One "group" is 3 PDL's a "solicitor" and a DCA.