LDK Parking Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I parked in a car park next to hospital and paid for a full 24 hour ticket (£3.50) every day while my mum was seriously ill. On 08/11/12 I returned to my car to find a parking notice! The ticket I had bought has fallen down beside my seat.

I appealed against the charge and was refused, I explained I was there every day as my mum was ill and subsequently passed away on 13/11/12.

I have since received letter from Ethical Debt Recovery Services Ltd. asking me to pay £120 ( the original charge was £60) and threatening LITIGATION AND MORE CHARGES.

Do I have any redress in this situation? Who would I appeal further to in this case?

I have my paid ticket and did scan and email it to LDK in my original appeal.

:-x

Thanks for any information anyone may give me

Pauline

The best thing to do is to send a single letter as described in the ink ignore - and then ignore everything else

Thank you, I can't write to the Health Authority as the car park does not belong to them. All I know is the company patrolling it and issuing tickets is LDK.

Should I write to them again?

I have just tried to look at photographic evidence on the website given http://www.ldkpay.co.uk and they have taken photos of old tickets in my car. I bought my ticket at 08.48 on 08/11/12 and it didnt expire until 08.48 on 09/11/12 yet they have given the reason for the PCN as expired ticket. Therefore it is based on a ticket from the previous day!!!

It also says this on the letter from the debt collector and they have put the wrong ticket ref on there also!

Edited by mackem67

do not write to anyone.

this is not an enforcable fine, it is an invite to pay invoice

they have no legal powers

the signs that are in the car park DO NOT form a contract according to the unfair contracts act and the eqaulity act

contracts cannot be made "om mass by way of sign or notice"- a contract can only be formed on an indervidual basis so a meeting of the minds is established

you will get 5 or 6 increasingly threatoning letters, JUST IGNORE THEM

Can a mod moved the post to the correct forum?

Done

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

Hi again!

Just received a letter from bpcollins solicitors asking for payment of £170 for their client LDK Security Group Ltd.

They state " In light of the fact that the parking charge has not been paid and you have not provided the name and current address of the driver of the vehicle the provisions of a new Act of Parliament, in particular, clause 4 of Schedule 4 and section 56 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, make you (as the registered keeper of the vehicle) liable to pay the debt."

ETC ETC ETC

I actually gave them my name and address when I tried to appeal against the ticket to no avail, so I dont know what they are talking about.

Do I still ignore this and bin it?

Thanks

A summons will need to be issued before it goes to court so probably best to keep on ignoring it unless a summons lands on your doormat. At which stage come back on here for further help as there is probably no way they will be able to enforce £170 or even £17. Wait for further advice from other CAG members.

A summons will need to be issued before it goes to court so probably best to keep on ignoring it unless a summons lands on your doormat. At which stage come back on here for further help as there is probably no way they will be able to enforce £170 or even £17. Wait for further advice from other CAG members.

The solicitor is way out of order and needs reporting the the Solicitors Regulatory Authority.

They know a private penalty (which is what this is) cannot be enforced - so they are just scaremongering.

Edited by ims21

You would be liable IF ther was a debt. There isnt as there is no contract between you and the parking company. You could tell them that you are a trespasser if you wish and let them make up their minds on that one as no-one can claim breach of contract with a trespasser. The landowner can thenonly sue you for damages and it would be impossible to prove any physical damage to a car park caused by a car being there.

The fact is that you purchased a ticket and it is was not out of date. So on what basis are they going to sue ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 4 weeks later...

DO as already advised and stop worrying.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

DO as already advised and stop worrying.

Thanks but it's difficult as my partner is quite worried by the constant letters and they are becoming more threatening. The weird thing is I am getting letters from two different companies one asking for 160 and the other demanding 170

Thanks but it's difficult as my partner is quite worried by the constant letters and they are becoming more threatening. The weird thing is I am getting letters from two different companies one asking for 160 and the other demanding 170

Thats how these companies operate. They threaten and intimidate you to breaking point so you pay them just to make them go away.

By the way, NOTHING on that letter can happen to you. IGNORE IT. Notice the liberal use of IF, MAY etc etc

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Read it again. It clearly states MAY and IF. THey then try and mislead you by saying WILL. The solicitors would be struck off if they tried to take this to court.