Car not as described

thomas1971
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I bought a focus st from a car dealer described as "cat d due to wheels and interior being stolen while it was on a forecourt"

It turns out it has been in a collision and that is why its was a cat d.

I can prove this to be true+ there is only 1 entry on insurance register.When i took car in local ford dealer for a slight misfire problem they told me airbag light wasnt working and airbag module was full of crash data,module was repaired and light still didnt come on.....A car electrician had a look and found airbag led- bulb was missing,old airbags have been reused i think too as airbag cover has crack in it.

Also when i polished the car in bright sunlight i saw primer showing through the paint on both doors,you had to be at a certain angle to see it.

Have i got a case as dealer refuses to refund me and take car back.

I have sent a recorded letter rejecting car,and i have stopped using it now,letter was sent after 4 weeks of ownership.

Consumer Direct, who will pass you through to Trading Standards if required. Also you may need to take the dealer to Small Claims Court.

Actually it's CAB you have to go through to get to TS now days.

OP, in short according to your info; yes you have a case. Do you have any documentation to back up your findings? You say you have sent a formal rejection letter... did you give a dead line for the seller to respond?