vinegarvera

Just starting my PPI journey RBS say no already

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2393 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello All,

I sent a few letters off on 20th December regarding PPI mainly to HSBC and HALIFAX regarding Mortgage PPI.

Also to RBS regarding C/C PPI.

HSBC are looking into my claim that I felt that the mortgage would only be accepted with PPI.

Halifax have said there is no record of M PPI although I am 99.99% i took it out it would be in the 90's - Shoud I SAR halifax or is it too long ago?

RBS agreed that there is PPI on the accound but deny misselling - a very quick response, as I only questioned whether there was PPI! - I am inclined to follow this one up can anyone assist with an email address, a letter of response or should I go straight to FOS?

Halifax have said there is no record of M PPI although I am 99.99% i took it out it would be in the 90's - Shoud I SAR halifax or is it too long ago?

You could try a SAR...you never know, you might be lucky. I believe they should retain records for at least 12 years on mortgages.

RBS agreed that there is PPI on the accound but deny misselling - a very quick response, as I only questioned whether there was PPI! - I am inclined to follow this one up can anyone assist with an email address, a letter of response or should I go straight to fos?

On this one then you should be asking them why they are refusing a claim when no such claim has been submitted. Yes you should follow it up with a proper claim. That will involve the completion of the fos consumer questionnaire and, ideally, a spreadsheet showing how much you expect to get back.

Have you got all of the statements for the account? If not, SAR them.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

With a PPI claim, it's like trying to catch a wild monkey - you really have to box them in before they'll return any money. Start by getting a copy of your original credit card agreement. You can look through this for any technicalities that invalidate the PPI scheme (maybe you were self employed, registered at a workplace address, never ticked any box, or the tick box was prefilled).

Use the Data Protection Act SAR to get a copy of all your past statements unless you have them already. With the information from the SAR, you can calculate how much PPI you paid (if any), as well as the accumulated interest.

You have to send the bank a claim letter in order for them to send you a "final response letter". Once you have all these pieces of information, you can send a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman (your claim letter to the bank, the original agreement, the banks final response, the amount of money you are claiming back, the offical complaint questionnaire). All those box the bank in, then the Financial Ombudsman make the final decision and locks the gate. The bank has no option to pay up unless they want court action.

it's like trying to catch a wild monkey - .

That does really about sum it up. Patience is a word created for PPI claims and like chess you have to get them to check mate before they cough. They will use every trick in the book to avoid paying.

Just plough on regardless. You read on here claims that have been going on 2 years or more.

Do your homework, keep a paper-trail and have a go. It is only the cost of a few stamps, isn't it?

In the last five months I have had three PPI payouts from RBS (with another claim still with the FOS) and in the last week Halifax capitulated (without the FOS) and made an offer after pointedly turning down my claim.

As you know, PPI is costing the banks billions. They will use whatever tactics they can to minimise this figure. Enough people drop their claim to make it well worthwhile for the banks to employ teams of people just to turn down applications.

IIRC the FOS upheld 89% of PPI appeals against RBS in the last few months.

Don't let them rob you a second time.

Love your enemies - it drives them crazy.

Thanks to Bobby Thompson (1911-1988) for the user name:"Let them knock, the paint lasts longer than the skin".

nec temere nec timide

So far, all done free for friends:

Cabot - F&F reduced debt by £7700 (70%)

NatWest - PPI claim - £1,800

NatWest - PPI claim - £6,200

NatWest - PPI claim - £3,000

Co-op Bank - PPI claim - £5,200

Halifax - PPI claim - £2,800

NatWest - debt identified as statute barred - £1,900

NatWest - debt identified as statute barred - £2,700

NatWest - loan identified as unenforceable - £13,400

Okay HSBC have come back with an offer of almost 1500 to be taken from my loan if accepted.However, they have turned down my Mortgage PPI reclaim