Bought a faulty car

klein10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone and thank you in advance for any help you may give. As the subject suggest i have recently bought a car that turned out to be "non road worth". i am certain i have a strong case against the dealer and they wont have any option but to ultimately provide me with another vehicle, refund or repair the car.

basically, i purchased the car and have the contract stating that it is in good working order. When i bought the car i also bought a warranty that they offer for the engine and gear box. about 14 days after i bought the car i was unable to drive it. building up to that date the car had no power, wouldnt accelerate past 25mph and white smoke (its a diesel) was coming from the exhaust. Obviously noting something was wrong with the car i started writing the dealers e mails so i have everything in writing. I had written in total 4 e mails within these 14 days, also stating that i had stopped using the car until they can advise the best way to proceed. I never had a response, and booked a diagnostic test at vauxhall. when i wanted to drive there the car wouldnt start so had to get aa to tow me there. repairs would cost over £5,000 which included the engine and i paid £999 for the car.

since then i have tried to contact the dealer to get the warranty details and the number i need to call. they havent given this to me and keep on telling me to wait 2 days and they will give it to me, obviously not acceptable. i have called citizens advice and they told me to send a recorded delivery, which i have done and if no response from that then i will go to small claims. i think this is the best way to go and as said i think my case is extremely strong since i have most everything in writing. what i really want to know though is can i seem compensation? my employment requires me to own a car and i have been without for over 2 weeks now - not to mention the drama and time i have had to spent during working hours on this matter to begin with?

thanks again for any help.

Hello and Welcome klein10,

I have moved this thread to a more suitable Forum.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 2 weeks later...

hi klein10 i have been in similiar situation as you, i thought i had a clear case against car trader but its not that clear they dont tell you other facts.

1st remeber if you done repairs courts will look at value of car and cost of repairs could favour trader if cost to high.

2nd does trader have finances to pay anything if you do win.

my advice would be just reject car tell him you want full refund and take him to court this way at least your not spending on cost of repairs plus court i was advised by trading standards i could go to court but its a lottery