• Tweets

• The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
    • Doubt the uneconomic write off would be registered, unless you agreed to accept write off settlement of the claim. It is just cosmetic damage. All that has happened, is that the car has been looked at and they realised the repair costs are going to exceed the value of the car. If the car is perfectly driveable with no upcoming normal work required to pass next MOT, your current Insurers will continue Insurance and you can accept an amount from third party Insurers to go towards you repairing the scratched bodywork.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Debt collection agency Help

ftrtom
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a catalogue account and in 2007

one of my customers partner was sent to prison and she asked if she could pay a reduced payment,

i asked the catalogue and they said yes but would charge her a late payment charge each month

so she refused this and said the catalogue could take her to court and she would pay an agreed amount without any charges set by the court.

Instead the catalogue passed it on to a debt collection company who came after me for the money

I told them there was no way I was paying someone else's debt,

this went on through different debt company's until 2008 when again another company asked me to get the customer to write a signed addressed letter saying that the debt was hers,

i did this and sent it and her payment cards to them by recorded delivery

then I phoned them a week later asking if they had what they needed and they said yes and heard no more from them.

I then moved to my present home in March 2009 and now well over 4 years later I have had a letter drop through my door from another debt collection company about this.

I should make it clear that all the items where delivered to the customers home address not my address

and signed for by the customer and at no stage have i signed anything saying the debt is my debt

and not one single payment has been made to any company by me.

I have composed the following letter to send to this company is it correct ?

my address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide

I also require a full financial breakdown of the debt.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77(6) will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee for the documents requested. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

If you fail to comply within the statutory time limit I will report you to the financial ombudsman's office, my local trading standards office, your local trading standards office, consumer direct, the information commissioner's office and the office of fair trading.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

my name

A CCA request will provide a copy of a credit agreement a statement of the account as it is on the day the request is met. and any documents mentioned in the agreement.

Any further data relating to the account would be obtainable by making a SAR to the original creditor, as ''full breakdown'' of the account would fall within this definition it is unlikely to be available from a DCA as debts are sold with the absolute minimum of data.#

I recall that with these catalogue accounts that if you allow others to purchase items this person becomes YOUR customer not a customer of the catalogue provider.

I think this is what will be found in the agreement.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

So should i remove the request for a full breakdown of the debt ?

and is the rest correct and they need to send this information to me in 12 day + 2 for postage from reciept of my letter or they are in default ?

Thank you for your help and reply.

The rest is fine, I suggest recorded delivery so as to check receipt and address it to the compliance manager.

Time scale is 12+2 working days.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

PO box number usually indicate a department of a company so just the straight address.

Thank you , do I address the letter to the compliance manager of this company ?

yes.

• Confused 1

hehe not debt managers ltd...oh scary

have you checked you CRA file is nclean on this

if so TBH i'd not bother.

it wil be experto next

DML never respond to any letters anyhow.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Now I am confused ? are you saying just ignore them and what is a CRA file.

I am supposed to be on a local radio programme tomorrow for consumer help but not sure whether i want them to contact this company on my behalf or not.

I forgot to add in the first post I made the mistake of phoning them when i got the letter and told them it was not my debt but the customers but kept my phone number hidden and never gave them it.

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by ftrtom

cra file see below

its your list of how the financial industry see you.

if it s not on there you owe NOWT 9/10

they are just trying to fleece you.

please dont forget DCA's are NOT BAILIFFS

theyhave NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes any of them listed below.

if you have a card

its instant

but remember to cancel within 30days

dx

• Confused 1

and they

sorry the sigs dont seem to be working on this forum

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle

Sort Your Debts Now - -

here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A

Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here

4. Ins & Outs of PPI & interest : click_here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement? Read Here

my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness

NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone

- alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

rather than hittting to be my friend - hit the star

DX

RIP Martin3030

rant.gif

there you go

dx

and they

OK just done the check, it says my score is 982 excellent but 2 negative factors

1 you have an account regarded as default or delinquent

2 you have no successfully settled non - mail order accounts but i assume that is because i pay cash for all my purchases.

It says Arrow Global ltd default 3-02-2008 default balance £646 current balance £737

I have never heard from Arrow and that was not the company that contacted me after Feb 2008

Any advise please, do i still just ignore them or send the letter as above

ok in english does this debt show?

dx

and they

Arrow buy so-called delinquent debt off creditors but farm out most of the subsequent collection to DCAs including Debt Managers.

I personally would not waste a postage stamp on them, let alone postal order, particularly for so modest a debt, but only you can decide.

if the debt does not show

then it either SB'd

or a default on the files has passed its 6th birthday and the account has dropped off.

dx

and they

with in plain terms means no debt exists!!

dx

and they