BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Might be worth talking to local Council Housing again about options, if your Mother is unable to occupy the house for a period due to essential repairs being required.  But find out from landlord first whether they can confirm in writing if alternative housing is available while the house is undergoing works.  The landlord might not have any other properties available or is unable to offer any alternative housing options due to covid-19.    The landlord can increase the rent but there are rules regarding this.  See https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/private_renting/rent_increases   Guidance about homes being fit for habitation.   https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/homes-fitness-for-human-habitation-act-2018/guide-for-tenants-homes-fitness-for-human-habitation-act-2018   Housing is quite a complex area and you might want to contact Shelter the housing charity, if the local Council Housing cannot assist first.     The work to the house is likely to take months and if  it is started in the next few months, given Covid-19 restrictions (social distancing), your Mother might find herself not able to occupy it over the Winter including the Christmas period.   I suspect many contractors such as electricians have a backlog of work due to the lockdown and when the lockdown is lifted, they will prioritise the work they have already agreed to.  The landlord may therefore struggle to arrange the works, unless they have friends who work for them regularly.     
    • Thank you. You haven't told us the value of the car. Also, who did you actually bite from – meaning which company or trading name did you pay the money to – what name appears on the receipt. Also, how did you pay? This has been going on for over two years and I am rather surprised that you've allowed it to go on so long. You probably will have to issue a claim – that it's probably only worth doing if you know that you can enforce the judgement. Have you checked the trust registry for other judgements against this company? https://www.trustonline.org.uk/ unfortunately it costs money to access the database – but I'll bet you that there are a stack of judgements against the company – and it would be interesting to know how many of them are ever enforced. Have you looked on Google and have you looked on trust pilot to see what is being said there? As far as I can see if, the TMO doesn't have any particular powers which means that if they find in your favour and the trader doesn't comply, then you have to bring a full claim and start again. With the financial ombudsman service, there is a fairly direct route to getting a judgement – although of course there is still always the problem of enforcement. I'm quite sure that a court would pay regard to the decision of the TMO and so I'm sure that your chances of success will be much better than 95% – and as I am sure that you have paid more than £600 for this vehicle, you would be able to transfer up to the High Court for enforcement by High Court Enforcement Officers – take a very rigourous approach to enforcement and whose fees are very high – typically £2000 – but to be paid by the defendant if the HCEO execute a successful enforcement. If they are unsuccessful then the cost to you is only about £66.   Will be very happy to help you with your claim and it would be fairly straightforward – but you will have to consider the risk factors which include your claim fee – a hearing fee (unlikely to happen) cost of transfer up to HCEO and the general hassle of doing it all with probably a fairly real chance of being unable to enforce the judgement. I don't know how much the claim fee will be because you haven't told us the value of the vehicle. In exceptional circumstances you can claim litigant in person costs at £19 per hour (I think). These are generally only available in the face of unreasonable behaviour by the defendant – and this may well be an example where the court would apply its discretion in your favour. So if you decide to bring a legal action then you should start trying to work out how much time you have spent on the whole thing – and make sure it is all moderate unjustifiable and not simply a money grab.
    • as long as these fleecers have your correct address then let them willy wave.   dx  
    • It's been a while since I heard from CRS but despite me requesting that they don't use my email address they still opted to send me an email saying they are preparing a file to send to their solicitors to issue a letter of claim because I haven't contacted them.   I sent off a CCA to the debt owners at the end of April but again I am awaiting a response.   No texts yet. Do I sit and wait and see?    
    • chargeback is 120days (total 540 days) - debit cards this is a section 75 under the CCA - credit card there is no limit other than 6yrs limitation.   dx  
  • Our picks

Surfer01

Bluecrest Health Screening

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2665 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My dad who is 87 has had a pamphlet from Bluecrest Health Screening advising of a complete health check for £99. He is of the impression that they will find something wrong with him that the NHS has not been able to find.

Are the Bluecrest genuine or are they con artists out to fleece people? Please advise.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Thanks. I am aware of the site but still do not know if it is worth it or not. I have read feedback that some get you to go along for the £99 but when there use scare tactics to get you to buy additional services.

To be honest at 87 if he feels ok dont worry, if you go for a health checkup there will be somthing wrong with everyone and if nothing else I can almost say for certain they will say his cholestorol is high, if he is worried go to his usual Dr who has all his records. having said that if he has the money and wants to spend it on health screening fine as lone as he dosnt start paniking whan there is somthing not 100% right

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

To be honest at 87 if he feels ok dont worry, if you go for a health checkup there will be somthing wrong with everyone and if nothing else I can almost say for certain they will say his cholestorol is high, if he is worried go to his usual Dr who has all his records. having said that if he has the money and wants to spend it on health screening fine as lone as he dosnt start paniking whan there is somthing not 100% right

You have summed up why I don't want him to go to Bluecrest, but he is convinced that they will find something wrong with him that the GP has missed. Driving us up the wall at present as difficult to argue with a cantankerous old man! :wink:

Yep kn ow what its like he probably wont be happy until he has got somthing wrong (even if its only minor) and then he can drive you mad with his health problems, if he thinks the GP has missed somthing ask him what he thinks he has missed and then cart him off to his usual GP again and when he tells him he is fine get him to take you out for a drink on the money you have saved him:-) best I can suggest is trying to persuade him that the Dr who has all his records is the best to treat him, having said that if he wants to spend his money tell him to go private and then tell him how much it will cost him he may change his mind or not as the case may be.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

the problem with some of these 'screening' operations is that it;s a case of preying on the 'worried well' as if the Numbers Needed to Treat for the screenings were low enough then the NHS would be doing the screening or that decent GPs would be watching for early signs of ( and in some cases cashing in on the QOF points) and referring once significant risk / early signs were apparent.

At 87 there is also the risk of them finding something that you will 'die with' and causing undue worry, rather than something he'll 'die of ' , very few people will make, their mid 80s without some element of diseases of ageing , even if they have been 'good' in terms of smoking, drinking , diet and exercise.