Scratched electronics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Of course. I assume its not faulty in which case expect a repair if it is and your old phone back after. If you are returning it under distance selling or cooling off, then the phone has to be in the same condition as new.

Unless you get really lucky and they don't inspect it.

Even if the scratch was there when I opened the box? I suppose there's no way for me to prove it wasn't scratched as a result of my use if I've had it for a week.

If you got it out of the box like then en of course they should swap it, but you'd have to explain why you've left it a week. Normally you report it right away if it came like that. See what they say.

Could they dismiss smaller scratches as trivial?

Not if you bought brand new phone, if should be in perfect condition.

I did take it to them but apparently the scratch is too small. It's not very deep and its less than 1cm but it can still be seen in daylight.

I did take it to them but apparently the scratch is too small. It's not very deep and its less than 1cm but it can still be seen in daylight.

Did you initially take it back more or less immediately after discovering the scratch?

If so then get back on to them. It doesn't matter how small the scratch is. You bought a brand new product which is sold on the basis that it is in perfect condition. If it's not in perfect condition then it is not what you paid for and they should replace it or refund it.