Jump to content

I want to VT the HP on my car.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2854 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi, long time since I've visited this site!


I have a car the is financed by British Credit Trust.


The car was financed over 6 years!!


There is 18 months left of the agreement which has been extortionate in the cost,


I now want out of it and wish to voluntary terminate the agreement.


What are the steps i need to take?


Is there a template?


What can I expect from BCT with regards to hidden charges?


Will they try and claim any damage to the vehicle?


Many thanks for any help and advice offered.

Link to post
Share on other sites



might not be the best idea


you've paid more than 50% so they can only sting you for anything outside fair wear.n.tear


have you the agreement?


were you stung for PPI/GAP/ any other 'compulsory' insurance ?


had any PENALTY charges?


got all the statements?


might be adding those up might not mean you owe anything



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi dx thanks for the reply.


No arrears,


I have the agreement and it has the 50% clause in.


Took out GAP insurance which was one months payment paid as the first payment.


The car has 18 months left on finance which will amount to the best part of £4,500,


I reckon the car is worth about £1,200 now and probably will fetch £600 at auction.


I would like to get out of this millstone finance agreement and know I can get a better car much cheaper.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Simply write to your finance provider stating you want to voluntary terminate the agreement, ask how to proceed with the voluntary termination and sign and date the letter. Take pictures of the condition of the car and note the mileage done as they might try and charge for any damage to the car that isn't deemed fair wear and tear for a car of it's age.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As mentioned above, make sure you take pictures of the car, close pictures and standback pictures, lots and lots of pictures. Don't trust them one inch.


When the man comes to collect it, you will have to sign his paper check, be certain you scan and copy that paper before you give it back,


Don't trust anyone, especially the finance industry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...