Credit Expert Report incomplete???

Transpire
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I have just joined this forum after reading some posts that were very interestting and so decided to post my own little question.

Here is the story.

When i was a little younger I was a huge fan of credit cards and loans and naive enough to spend it all and bury my head. I have not been in touch with any of the lenders or Debt collectors etc

However i still get some letters from debt collectors which I still ignore due to financial difficulties.

about 4 or 5 years have gone past since and today I have checked my Credit file to find that I have only ONE default showing on my account??? I should have a list of several defaults or CCJ, etc but only one showing a small amount for a parking ticket i think in 2007.

My question is where have ALL my other debts go? It hasnt been 6 years yet??

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

Thank v much in Advace.

Have you checked all 3 credit agencies? Also remember, that not all lenders will mark all agencies files. Some lenders and DCA's just register with 1 credit agency.

Can you give us a run down of which DCA's are chasing you, and any details of the debts they say you owe? such as original amount owed, then the amount the DCA says you owe?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Also, There are no details for my Current active account now? I dont have any Utility to my name but a few years ago when I looked at my Experian file I saw my current account details etc. Not this time though, Is this normal? Would you recommend i check my Equifax file too?

ANy details on your other debts you think should be there?

Also, use Equifax and noddle and see if there is anything there.

Regarding the CCJ, try trustonline.org.uk

If there arent any markers on the other 2 agency sites, then you need to ask yourself why.

You could send the DCA a CCA request, but i would be inclined to check the credit agencies first then sort out all the fiddly stuff afterwards.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Hi Rene,

Thank for your help.

That was quick. I just ran a check on Trustonline.org.uk and all three parts which are for England and Wales show NOTHING REGISTERED.

Dont think I should pay more for Scotland as I have never lived there?

Would it be worth asking the DCAs for CCA? as any requests would mean they FOUND ME. haha.

I will run checks on other two.

Nope. If there are no CCJ's registered in your name at any of the addresses you have lived at, then its pretty safe to say you dont have one. A DCA could issue it on another address, but its easy enough to get it set aside if you have proof you never lived there.

Regarding your other debts that the DCA's are hounding you for, could you create a thread in http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?167-Debt-Collection-Industry and give as much detail as possible? Chances are we can help you wipe out a lot of that debt, or with your cc's/loans, reclaim any PPI or penalty fee's that were on the account.

Hello, I have just joined this forum after reading some posts that were very interestting and so decided to post my own little question.

Here is the story.

When i was a little younger I was a huge fan of credit cards and loans and naive enough to spend it all and bury my head. I have not been in touch with any of the lenders or Debt collectors etc

However i still get some letters from debt collectors which I still ignore due to financial difficulties.

about 4 or 5 years have gone past since and today I have checked my Credit file to find that I have only ONE default showing on my account??? I should have a list of several defaults or CCJ, etc but only one showing a small amount for a parking ticket i think in 2007.

My question is where have ALL my other debts go? It hasnt been 6 years yet??

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

Thank v much in Advace.

Hi welcome to CAG,

It would be easier to advise if you listed the accounts that you think should be on file, and the status of them at present.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Just did a free search on Noodle and saw most of the debts maybe one missing only.

Most of the Defaults are 2008 and not by original lenders but DCA's.

Some show starting Balance as one number and then alance as another.

I am very embarrased to type these here but here they are.

TSB £3482 Defaulted: 29/02/2008

Mkdp Llp: £9800 Defaulted: 28/03/2008

Link Financial £10428 Defaulted: 08/12/2007

Lowell: £426 Defaulted: 26/03/2008

Lowell: £269 Defaulted: 22/03/2008

Arrow Global LTD: £265 Defaulted: 11/02/2008

Arrow Global LTD: £419 Defaulted: 05/03/2008

Arrow Global LTD: £394 Defaulted: 09/03/2008

Capquest Investments LTD £440 Defaulted: 16/05/2008

Cabot Financial (Uk) LTD £313 Defaulted: 116/05/2008

Edited by Transpire
Mistake

Can you remember what any of them are for? I noticed the link one, and they are well known for adding on very unfair charges. See if you have any paperwork for them. If not, and they come calling, it might be time to CCA them and SAR the Original Creditors.

However, since these all defaulted 2007/2008, some kind of action would have happened before if they were legit debts. Especially the link financial one.

Hi, the defaults will have been placed by the original creditors and up dated with the debt purchasers/DCAs details at the time of the sale.

What do want to do about these debts?

Are you paying any thing at all to any of the DCAs?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

They can chase it right up to the 6 year date. The reason i was saying it is likely unfair is that they AND the OC have waited so long to do anything about a debt this size. If it was legit, they would have already taken you to court.

Brigaidier Hi.

Thank you for helping. I know it sounds outrageous considering the amount of debt I have but I am in no position to pay them but was thinking about starting with the lowest ones first? I am also considering wether to leave it completely as it happened a while ago and lost most of the Money in a silly Business at a young age.

Rene, after checking my name on Trustonline.org.uk at my current address, The results are NOTHING REGISTERED.

But should I be spending more money and check all my addresses? or does that site check your name and finds any CCJs etc registered?

Also, They might not have been able to track me as I have no bills etc registerd against my name nor am I on Electrol roll.

I still get calls from DCA's sometime and I deny my identity and say wrong number.

They have used all sort of tricks so far INC sending a couriers cards saying I have a package waiting for me, please call this number blah blah blah

Also calling my mobile number and immediately saying my first name (for me to say YES) and because I dont recognise the voice I say soryy? lol

Then they repeat and I ask who they are? so when they dont tell me, I just say wrong number.

several tricks but I have read online forums inc this and gained a few extra cells in the head to avoid them.

Regards

Given the information so far provided, it seems to me that initially you were viewing an old CRA report, so Noddle is showing all bar one of your accounts now?

Please be aware that because you are not being actively pursude for these debts it does not necessarilly mean that they are unenforceable.

I suggest checking an up to date report from Experian and /or Equifax as well.

They can chase it right up to the 6 year date. The reason i was saying it is likely unfair is that they AND the OC have waited so long to do anything about a debt this size. If it was legit, they would have already taken you to court.

Not worth doing anythere here is it Sir?

Given the information so far provided, it seems to me that initially you were viewing an old CRA report, so Noddle is showing all bar one of your accounts now?

Please be aware that because you are not being actively pursude for these debts it does not necessarilly mean that they are unenforceable.

I suggest checking an up to date report from Experian and /or Equifax as well.

Yep, re registered today with Experian and my Experian file shows nothing but one Default from the above at £303.

Edited by Transpire
mistake

WHo was your CCJ with? It has been known for some DCA's to issue a claim on an old address purely to gain the CCJ.

WHo was your CCJ with? It has been known for some DCA's to issue a claim on an old address purely to gain the CCJ.

What CCJ?

He mentioned a CCJ in the OP, and talked about it in other posts.

He mentioned a CCJ in the OP, and talked about it in other posts.

Nothing registered in Trustonline files!!!

Yep. Thats why i asked if he tried old addresses just to be sure.