Mortgage Fees please help

SmokingKills
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

i got a brand new mortage in 2007 and a couple of years later i fell into arrears after being made redundant from my job.

I was with Adantage mortages and in all honesty even after running up £8500 of arrears,

they never went for a reposession as i paid as much as i could and remained in constant contact with them throughout.

From early 2010 we switched to an interest only mortgage and had got the arrears down to around £6200 by september 2012.

The only thing advantage did was to put lots of "fees" on our mortgage in terms of £55pm arrears fees and a couple of "councellor call outs" etc etc.

Our payments up to August 2012 on interest only were £316pm and we paid a total (to reduce arrears) of £450pm.

However, late October the interest rate fell and subsequently our normal payments dropped to £261pm interest only but we have still continued to pay the £450pm.

We then got a letter from Advantage stating our mortgage was to be moved to Engage Credit and we were given contact details, change dates, contact numbers etc etc.

we had been in an agreement with Advantage and they only ever requested an income/expenditure form,

whereas Engage want the form filling in and they want to see 3 months bank statements (we are paperless and i do not have a printer)

and 3 months of my wifes pay-slips (which she refuses to give).

Engage have become very very pushy and although we have not missed the £450pm for going on 2 years now,

they said if they do not get the information they require, they will start charging us £35pm fee?

I am already fed up of these muppets as our circumstances have not changed at all.

We then had an Annual account statement and in the month or so of being with engage,

on 30/11/2012 our arrears were £5,853.82

yet on 01/12/2012 there is an "interest charge" of £251.71

then "additional interest charge" of £25.42

stating...Interest charged instalment due £261.92 ending our arrears closing balance at £6,115.74?

So, even though we are paying £188.08 off our arrears or £2256.96 per year off our areears,

they are adding more interest and charges and i do not know why?

If i wanted to claim any charges back, would i claim from Advantage of from Engage?

At the end of the letter it says "fees balance" £2,912.11?

Thanks all, in advance x

Hi,

I've moved this thread to the appropriate Forum, hopefully you'll get some help shortly.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi, sorry Scott i didn't know i was in the wrong thread but thank you and merry christmas :)

No problem and a Merry Christmas to you too, just need someone to help you now :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

claim your fees back from the people who charged them here is the letter

here is an example of a fine placed on a mortgage company from the FSA (they were charging £50.00 though)

[ATTACH]40183[/ATTACH]

But you will see the FSA say these charges have to be a true representation of costs

• Haha 1

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

and don't forget the

"councellor call outs" fees too.

you might also find the 'interest' is on the 'fees'

see if you can work it out.

also, although it has obv helped your position in the past...

there is no legal remit to submit ANY pers documents to anyone bar a judge.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and don't forget the

"councellor call outs" fees too.

you might also find the 'interest' is on the 'fees'

see if you can work it out.

also, although it has obv helped your position in the past...

there is no legal remit to submit ANY pers documents to anyone bar a judge.

dx

Thanks dx, merry christmas :)

I do not know how to work out the interest??

I have a sar ready so will forward it on to Adantage and follow this ALL the way, could just do now with the rate of interest?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?840-Stop-your-bank-or-lender-breaching-their-instalment-agreement

The new owner has purchased an account with an arrangement in place - they are obliged to honour that arrangement until any review date is near.

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?840-Stop-your-bank-or-lender-breaching-their-instalment-agreement

The new owner has purchased an account with an arrangement in place - they are obliged to honour that arrangement until any review date is near.

HTH

Hi there, yes the arrangement is/was reviewed every 6 months and it's due again for review.

I'm just miffed off with them wanting all our personal details?

I have told them i will fill in the income/expenditure and sign it as a true honest reflection of our (wifes) income

and that we can still pay the £450pm without getting into any more difficulties but they will not have that?

They are adamant on bank statements and payslips which my wife refuses to supply.

Merry christmas :)

Well guys/gals, i think i know what Engage Credit are planning to do with us?

I think they bought our mortgage at a rock bottom rate from Advantage,

are then making things difficult for us i.e. asking for all this personal info etc and then they will (without the info)

refuse our proposal for paying off the arrears then take us to court and try to reposess!

They can try it because i have sent in my income/expenditure only and after offering the additional £190.00pm on top of our interest only mortgage,

i have some ammunition there if they take us to court.

When we were with Advantage, we were in this same agreement for the past 18 months

and never missed the extra payments so for 1 that should help our case and 2 Advantage NEVER asked us for bank statements payslips etc.

Why, they never even claimed reposession for almost £8500.00 arrears so were very very understanding!

Our house property value is approx £70.000 where our total balance to settle would be £87.500

so for starters we have £17,500 neg equity anyway which leads me to feel this is what Engage are planning?

We shall see!

Happy new year everyone and lets all unite and make a stand :)

United we stand...Divided we fall!!!!

You should only need to provide an Income & Expenditure form which is signed with a statement of truth. .

All other personal details they should have received with the purchase.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You should only need to provide an Income & Expenditure form which is signed with a statement of truth. .

All other personal details they should have received with the purchase.

Yes I totally agree. There's no way my wife will provide them details and our bank statement is paperless and we don't have a printer so I'm not messing around contacting bank for statements and tbh why should I!

All the best :)

• 1 month later...

Hi all, i sent a SAR to Advantage mortage ltd as we took out a mortgae with them in august 2007.

They sold our mortage on to Engage credit in september 2012.

I had a reply back from Advantage as they said it was part of a mortage book transfer and said i will have to take up the sar with Engage credit.

We have now £5k arrears (was over £8k) and have had lots of £55 arrears charges etc from Advantage.

I think we should (without the sar data) be owed in excess of £1000.00 in charges

and fees etc but want to know if Adantage are fobbing us off or if indeed we should now contact Engage?

Will this hamper our current relationship though with engage as we are under a 6 monthly reviewable arrangement

where we are paying our mortgage plus £200.00 per month of our arrears.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou.

thread merged with the already running one.

so how far have you got since the last time

have you filled out a spreadsheet etc etc

if all the charges were made by advatage THEY are your target as per the link posted earlier

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk,

Engage accepted our income/expenditure form and agreed to us paying the £200 arrears per month and tbh have been very good.

I sent a SAR to Adantage a week ago (last Friday) and they returned it on the 7th (along with the £10.00 postal order) stating this....

We have recently received your subject access request under the data protection act 1998.

We write to advise that the mortgage was sold as part of a mortgage book transfer on the 10th Sept 2012.

The purchaser was Albion Residential Ltd.

At the time of the sale all relevant account information was passed to the new lender.

Should you wish to proceed with your data sar you may wish to contact engage credit limited

who are responsible for the day to day administration and management of your mortgage account on behalf of albion residential ltd.

Should you wish to discuss this furtherplease do not hesitate to contact us.....blah blah.

???

(Advantage were the ones who added all the charges, as we have not incurred any further ones through Engage/Albion

except for added interest on the arrears every month of approx £25.00.

Edited by SmokingKills
Added info

ok sar them then

but the charges reclaim goes to advantage yes.

dx

and they

ok sar them then

but the charges reclaim goes to advantage yes.

dx

Hi again, yes, I sar'ed advantage but they returned the letter and the postal order claiming its engage that are responsible for my data since 2007? Are they trying to fob me off?

Regards, Andrew.

no engage

dx

and they

they can only off set if they have been regularly sending you NOSIA letters

detailing the arrears.

an NO they can def NOT take ANY retalitory action

dx

and they