• Tweets

• Doc 04-19-2024 11-01-51-merged-compressed.pdf good morning.    9 pages attached.    thank you  UCM
    • Hi I was being supplied my ovo after unknowingly being swapped from SSE.  My issues began when we had a smart meter fitted and our bills almost doubled overnight - we at the time assumed we were just paying not enough until then and just continued to pay the excess bills each. Month.    I would from time to time contact ovo and get faced with a call centre on South Africa of the most rude agents who would just hang up after hours of wait and I could not even get an acknowledgement of an issue with my meter.  At one point we were not in the property for like 4 months and the bills were coming just as high!  It was at this point I was sure something is not right and ovo only care to send bailiffs and started threatening us with a pay as you go meter despite me taking out a 3.5k loan to pay of my outstanding balance.  Around 1600 each on both gas and electricity.  This is where its gets really bad -  the very same day they sent me out a new bill saying the money paid already was only to cover up until the November previous and because its now Feb we owe another 1k.   By that August this had risen to over 3k and I still couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge a fault let alone fix it.    In despair I tried to swap suppliers and to my surprise octopus accepted us because even tho the debt is owed we are trying deal with.  During our time with them the bill was coming only on my wife's name as I was responsible for other bills and she this one - now that we owe them 3k they have magically started adding my name as well as my wife's to the same debt to apply double pressure and its showing on my experiwn report now with a question mark and 2700 showing in grey -  This was my wife's debt which we dispute we owe yet the have now sent me letter with both our names on from oriel and past due credit debt agencies - is this illegal and how can I get them to take my. Name of this and leave on wife's name as its so unfair they give us a both a defualt for wife's debt which we dispute anyway.    In the end about 3 weeks ago I wrote an email to their ceo and rishi sunak and low and behold for the first time in our history with ovo someone who spoke English contacted us and said she will look into our claim.    I explained to her that we feel our meter is faulty and despite me contacting them using WhatsApp email and phone I still have not got anyone to acknowledge a fault even. And that I dispute I Owe anything as my son was in hospital for 3 months and we stayed with him so house was empty and still. They were sending us super sized bills more than when we started at home.  She promised to investigate and a few days later replied that she is sorry for the poor customer service and offered us £50 compensation - however she also. Mentioned that she's attached statements for us confirming the payment for 3k I made was only up until Nov and in Feb despite me pay 3.5k nearly it's correct for them to bill. Me. Another £900 the very same day and she did not agree our meter was faulty and therfore the debt stands and she will not be calling it bcak from past due credit.  During my time with my new supplier post ovo, octopus I requested tehy check my. Meters because I felt they were faulty and over charging me and I got excellent response asking me for further details which I supplied and I got a. Response bcak within days to say my meter was indeed faulty and octopus have now remotely repaired it.   I then contacted the energy ombudsman and explained my situation how she at ovo tried to fob me off and demand I apy money we don't feel we owe due to faulty equipment we reported but ovo had to process or mechanism to deal with it or lodge complaint even without having to cc their ceo and our pm. And now I feel sick to think both husband and wife will get a 6  year default for debt which have a validity of a questionable nature.    I explained all this to the energy ombudsman and they accepted my case and I explained to them that my new supplier found my fault which ovo refueed to accept - I've uploaded the email from new supplier to ombudsman showing we had a fault.    My. Question is is there anything I can upload in defence of my case to ombudsman before they decide outcome ina few weeks    All advice greatly appreciated not only would I like advice on how to clear this debt but also how I can pursue ovo for compensation and deterrence for the future.  Thansk 
    • Thanks for the reply dubai 50 - if the statute is 10 years it has long passed - if it is 15 years i havea few months left. i shall ignore until it gets serious  An update - - I sent the letter to the bank in Dubai ( I did get delivery confirmation from Royal Mail)   - I have moved to a new address ( this is the address i gave to the bank in dubai)  - IDR are continuing to send Letters to the old address, which leads me to believe they are not in contact with the bank at all. - i have not replied to any correspondence digital or hard as they are non threatening ( as of yet).        
    • Your topic title was altered last June 23 by the owner of this forum in the interests of the forum Anyway well done on your result and concluding your topic, title updated.   Andy   .
    • So what    Why ? Consent Order/ Confidentiality ? This would be be invaluable to followers of your topic.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help required regarding SAR request no cca - old BC debt

DebtUpToMyEyeBalls
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I made a CCA request to Barclaycard but the information I received was just some terms and conditions.

I took some advice and made a Subject Access Request

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af319/Ukmark319/BarclaycardSARrequest.jpg

I got a reply today under this request and all I got was a forwarding letter (Below) and a bunch of statements going back to 2003.

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af319/Ukmark319/barclaycardSARreply.jpg

so there is no signed agreement or anything that resembles one just pages of statements.

What should I do now

Many thx

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Why do companies easly contradict them selves...

I received my SAR request from barclaycard mentioned in the first post, I sent the letter in post 3 to chase the missing items etc.

Received letter today (See Below)

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af319/Ukmark319/barclaycardresponsetoSARL2.jpg

But in the original SAR response they stateded "The information we have enclosed relating to this account is ALL THAT WE HOLD"

Bunch of idiots....

Also they mention they have only received the SAR request on the 20/08/09 but actually I have proof that the request was actually received on the 16/08/09.....

Received another package today from Barclaycard containing all recent letters sent to me, A thick continuious print out entitled "Data Protection Act" which seems to be the history of the account & Complaint management system print out BUT STILL NO AGREEMENT!

Forwarding letter sent with this package below..

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af319/Ukmark319/BarclaycardSARfullresponse.jpg

Will I ever get to see my Signed agreement?

What should my next step be...

thx in advance...

Mark

Why do companies easly contradict them selves...

I received my Subject Access Request request from barclaycard mentioned in the first post, I sent the letter in post 3 to chase the missing items etc.

Received letter today (See Below)

But in the original Subject Access Request response they stateded "The information we have enclosed relating to this account is ALL THAT WE HOLD"

Exactly same thing has happened to me. They must like giving the impression they are simple as this seems to be their standard practice!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a letter or two ahead of you with Barclaycard. Try this one:

I've got another one after this - just let me know.

_____________2009

Data Protection Act 1998 -

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: − Account Numbers: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

Further to your letter dated __________ 2009, I write to inform that you have failed to respond appropriately to my Subject Access Request dated ____________2009.

Your letter dated _____________ 2009 contained only monthly copy statements. I would like to remind you that my Subject Access Request was pursuant to Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 and was a formal request for you to supply me with all data that you hold on me. This includes in particular, but is not limited to, the following:-

1. The original signed, executed credit agreement and any terms and conditions that applied to the account at the time of default and at the time the account was opened.

2. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company, or by any previous creditor

3. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention.

4. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that you sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

5. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted (if applicable).

6. Details of any collection charges added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

7. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

8. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

9. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

10. Copies of statements for the entire duration of the credit agreement.

It must be noted that this is my third letter requesting that you comply with your requirement of the Data Protection Act 1998. This is only highlighting your failings. Please cease all stalling tactics. If you do not have any further documentary evidence that could be construed as a properly executed agreement which accords with the Consumer Credit Act 1974, then I request that you confirm this in your reply. If I do not receive your full compliance to my Subject Access Request within the stipulated timeframe, I will write to the Information Commissioner to assist; whom I remind you has the power to serve an enforcement notice.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af319/Ukmark319/Barclaycardapp2007.jpg

Hi

I need some help regarding a dispute I have with Barclaycard

The Barclaycard was originally taken out in 1997 and in 2009 I requested aSAR, for the purpose to gain an executed agreement on the account.

Firstly I received pages and pages of bank statements and some letters butno agreement, after complaining that it had not been received, They sent me thesigned application form.

Is this signed application form also the executed agreement for the accountas it has no terms and conditions?

I hope somebody can help

M

Edited by DebtUpToMyEyeBalls
to add form

The images are too small to read.

There is no obligation for a creditor to provide an agreement witha SAR, sections 77/78 of CCA 1974 cover this.

From what you say re no ts& cs with the app it cannot comply with CCA 1974.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

DO NOT USE ANY PDF EDITOR TO BLANK STUFF, THAT CAN BE REMOVED

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites [http://docupub.com/pdfconvert/]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

previous thread merged for history

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so are BC chasing you then

is this debt on your CRA file?

dx

and they

We can comment better when you post full sized copies of the documents in post #17. However, from what I can see, this is an application form that does not contain the T&C's required to comply with CCA 1974 in terms of enforceability.

That should enable you to make a reasonable defence if court action is take but it will not prevent them from seeking payments.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 years later...

Please can somebody help me

I'm a very upset and worried man!!!!

Barclaycard have taken out a payment of £700 from my Barclays current account.

I put some money is this account last week for a friend to use the debit card to pay for her holiday,

but when we went to pay with the card, it was declined.

Knowing we had only put the money in the day before,

I checked and found Barclaycard have taken this amount?

I received a letter from them regarding taking the money today,

I have attached it.

As you can see, this account has been in dispute since 2009.

The last spending on the account was 11th March 2009 so only 9 days away from statute barred!!!

What can I do to get this back as its not even my money.

sadly I doubt you can get it back

it wont reset the SB clock though.

they are quite sadly entitled to offset debts within your accounts

ok you've not been warned about this, but I'm surprised you didn't although know

i'll let others comment further

p'haps a pleading letter might help.

even if this were SB by the way

they can still do it

dx

and they

I agree with DX.

I'm afraid you will not be able to get this reversed as the bank has properly exercised their Right to Set Off. They CAN take money from a Barclays bank a/c to set against arrears owed to BC.

The fact that the money paid into your bank was a friend's money is unlikely to be of any interest to Barclays or BC. Try a pleading letter if you want but I think the bank will be unwilling to give the money back.

A hard lesson learned, but you now need to find a way to repay your friend.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)