Aktiv Captial - Haven't a clue what for!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2903 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello again good people,

I received a letter yesterday from Aktiv Capital regarding a "New Deal" asking my to pay off a certain percentage of a debt in final settlement or set up a payment plan with them to pay it off. The total debt is apparently just over £300.

Now, the letter doesn't state what the debt is for or who the original creditor was. In fact, it says nothing. Just along the lines of "pay us this now."

This is about the 6th letter I have received from them in about 3 months, but none threaten further action etc.

I checked my experian credit report about a week ago, and there is nothing from Aktiv Capital on there, just two defaults with Lowell, one of which is settled.

I'm assuming that it could be Statute Barred, but not sure how to go about it, as I have no details of the debt?

Could anybody put forward some advice please?

Many Thanks.

fishing comes to mind

Could be. I mean, I'm sure it was probably a debt of mine at one point, but the fact they provide no details of who the debt was incurred with, makes me sceptical that it is enforceable.

Hello again good people,

I received a letter yesterday from Aktiv Capital regarding a "New Deal" asking my to pay off a certain percentage of a debt in final settlement or set up a payment plan with them to pay it off. The total debt is apparently just over £300.

Now, the letter doesn't state what the debt is for or who the original creditor was. In fact, it says nothing. Just along the lines of "pay us this now."

This is about the 6th letter I have received from them in about 3 months, but none threaten further action etc.

I checked my experian credit report about a week ago, and there is nothing from Aktiv Capital on there, just two defaults with Lowell, one of which is settled.

I'm assuming that it could be Statute Barred, but not sure how to go about it, as I have no details of the debt?

Could anybody put forward some advice please?

Many Thanks.

Is it the Lowell debt, which has been passed onto AK to chase. AK don't always appear to have very good record of debts. Suggest that you send their latest letter back, with a prove it letter.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

AK are generally a debt purchaser that farms out debts to DCAs, on occasionally pursuing themselves.

Until they actually state what they are chasing I would not make any response at all.

They are in breach of the OFT Guidance in not stating clearly what they are chasing, let them dig their own hole and we can bury them later.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

A.K. so called deals are the pits, 50% write off if you pay over three installments. the longer you take to pay the less discount down to 1% over 7 years, = they win all round as if you cannot pay quickly they eventually they make 100% profit over the longest period of time, not like other DCAs who say pay £50.00 for instance and they write of £50.00 type thing.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

all discount letters = SOMETHING IS WRONG

SAR the OC and get even MORE of a discount

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

all discount letters = SOMETHING IS WRONG

SAR the OC and get even MORE of a discount

dx

Unfortunately I have no idea who the OC is, as AK haven't stated what the debt was nor who the original creditor was - tells me nothing about the debt at all in fact.

Brig, appreciate the advice. I may hold fire for a while then and see what happens, but I know eventually I will tire of all of these useless letters coming so often.

Unclebulgaria - thanks for the link - if the letters continue or get more frequent I will send the letter you recommended.

Thanks all.

Ignore them, but make a formal complaint to the OFT regarding their phishing letter.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!