Car insurance: 3rd party insurer threatening action

bananas33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just got a letter from the insurer of a car I had a small shunt with in July 2011. They say they've not had a payment they requested from my insurer at that time for repair costs and will start legal proceedings against me directly in 14 days.

I've heard nothing from my insurer since Jan 2012 when they said they would be settling with the other insurer.

I've forwarded the threatening letter to my insurer but I'm concerned at the way this is going. Is this a standard tactic when a settlement is involved? What happens if my insurer do nothing and I get the threatened action against me? I assume their claim will attempt to revisit the accident circumstances and some court decision made where I will become liable for some part of the costs they quoted. Would I then have to sue my insurer? *baffled*

As an extra bit of comedy the 3rd party insurer issuing the threat is now my current insurer :|

This is standard. Put pressure on your Insurers to sort this out, otherwise you could end up with a court claim being issued against you, which you would then have to defend, if your Insurers were not helpful. If you lost, you would then have to issue a court claim against your Insurers, if they still did not settle the amount.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Damn, much as I thought then. Problem is that I'm no longer a customer of theirs so I doubt I'll find it easy to pressure them.

Yes you can. Phone them up to find out what they are playing at. Under FSA rules they have to deal with claims promptly and pay the relevant amounts owed promptly once settlement has been agreed. I think there has been some mess up and they need to resolve. Perhaps they have sent the payment to the other Insurers and it has not been credited to the correct account.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread