DLA renewal

Life-Goes-On
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It might be a bit risky in that you could end up with your award reduced or declined, but if you had a change of circumstances say in August, you would still be assessed for DLA.

Is it possible your mobility might have got worse or your care needs increased by then?

My mobility has actually recently got a lot worse and I would now qualify for high rate but I don't want to risk my current high care and low mobility award as I'm not due for renewal until 2016. I'm sure I would get high rate mobility, but they might make it for only a year.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

It's all a lottery.

First time I was rejected for DLA (after the joke "medical") so appealed end up with low rate C & M

When renewal time came I filled the form with the same info as first time expecting to have to appeal again.

This time it was low rate Mobility Mid rate care without a medical.

So totally clueless how the next one will go.

My sons just had his renewal letter thru (his dla is up until 2014 before receiving this letter) , its basically stating he wont be needing to apply for the PIP until he's 16. But I am waiting to hear about my other sons as he's 21 and his dla is up until 2014 aswell.

Just dug out my last DLA forms, got them over 3 months before it run out, so hopefully will be the same again.

Would like to hear from anyone that has recently had DLA renewal form to see if it's still the same time-frame

My husband's dla renewal, last year, came about 6 months before the end date, if that helps.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

It might be a bit risky in that you could end up with your award reduced or declined, but if you had a change of circumstances say in August, you would still be assessed for DLA.

Is it possible your mobility might have got worse or your care needs increased by then?

My mobility has actually recently got a lot worse and I would now qualify for high rate but I don't want to risk my current high care and low mobility award as I'm not due for renewal until 2016. I'm sure I would get high rate mobility, but they might make it for only a year.

Im in a similar situation to you. I currently get HRM LRC and my care needs have got worse. In fact i used to get MRC a few years ago and my needs are now worse than they were then. I just don't want to risk what i already get. Much happier getting less money than no money

• 3 weeks later...