Convicted clamper Del Grosso could have access to DVLA database

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A NOTORIOUS car clamper who racially abused a man is the boss of a new parking enforcement firm in East Yorkshire.

Despite having a criminal conviction, the Mail can reveal Peter Del Grosso could have access to the DVLA database, meaning he can find out the names and addresses of drivers he fines. Del Grosso, who is no longer clamping, became director of a new company, Auto Security Limited, three months ago – around the same time wheel-clamping was outlawed in England.

Auto Security Ltd is a member of the British Parking Association (BPA), which would allow Del Grosso access to records kept by the DVLA.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Convicted-clamper-Del-Grosso-access-DVLA-database/story-18076684-detail/story.html

The picture shows he is wearing a blue tooth device kinda like the FBI so he must be important and very official.

I do wish the media would stop calling these ticket demands 'fines', only courts can issue fines.

Edited by Conniff

Just another rogue who will help to destroy the reputation of the BPA.

You can tell a man by the company he keeps.

This in my view is very serious and something that will be difficult to rectify. For example even if the DVLA insisted on background checks on companies who apply for membership of the BPA, all that will happen is that nominee drectors will be appointed and those people with a spurious background will still run the show and have access to personal information from a Government Department.

Personally, I have always been of the opinion that this cosy arrangement the DVLA have with the BPA is wide open to abuse. Money Laundering always springs to mind. (Think about it.)

Edited by Crocdoc

Here is a Twitter reply from the BPA

twitter_logo_reasonably_small.png

BPA

@BritishParking

@the_NMAG read the story in full & learn the facts. ''Vehicle Management Limited is not & has never been, a member of the BPA.''

We have tweeted back

cagtr64_normal.png

ConsumerActionGroup

‏@Real_CAG

@BritishParking @the_NMAG We didn't say that.You should be doing CRB checks and take more care more about your reputation.

Expand

BPA has now replied:--

twitter_logo_reasonably_small.png

@Real_CAG @the_NMAG the article does. We're not required to carry out these checks. Individuals have a responsbility to be open & honest

Amazing. The BPA must be more stupid than anyone gave them credit for.

It is precisely because he isn't "open and honest" that he was banged up in the first place.

I wonder who it is in the BPA who has been given the computer keyboard to play with.

They really don't care much about themselves or what people think of them, do they? A bit like the whole industry.

Lets be honest as it stands Dick Turpin, Jack the Ripper and the great train robbers could obtain personal details by joining the self ticketing scheme. I note with interest that UKPC even offer the following service linked to the self ticketing information.

A reporting facilty is available which can provide useful data from either a security operational or Marketing perspective.

Anyone like to comment on precisely what this statement means.

In addition the BPA state the following

We're not required to carry out these checks. Individuals have a responsbility to be open & honest

WHAT PLANET ARE THEY ON?

A reporting facilty is available which can provide useful data from either a security operational or Marketing perspective.

This sounds to me that they are offering to obtain DVLA data on behalf of organisations who are not in the BPA, who are not part of the AOS and who do not adhere to the BPA code.

Then, although they may not be sharing that data with those organisations, they will then put those data subjects through the mill in order to make them pay up money in respect of alleged charges which have allegedly been incurred on land which has even less to do with the Private Parking Company than usual and is even less subject to the usual scrutiny than usual.

I wonder who it is will be taking the legal action against transgressors?

I have forwarded this information to a local intersted party as it is only a matter of time before the BPA arrive at Holyrood trying to justify this questionable industry. With the information that has emerged since the introduction of the Protection of Freedoms Act in England and Wales, I take the view that they will get a much tougher time in Edinburgh.

The company mentioned in the press article is AUTO SECURITY LIMITED and not VEHICLE MANAGEMENT LIMITED as stated by the BPA :lol:

AUTO SECURITY is listed on BPA Membership i

I note that nothing has come back from the BPA since the deliberate mistake was spotted.