You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• By the way – here's a troubling little question: – If the puppy were to be returned to the breeder, the breeder now finds that they have on their hands and unsaleable puppy. What do they do? Put it down? Abandon it to a rescue centre? I think that when people decide to buy designer animals, then they need to reflect on this.   It may become a loving pet to the new owner – but maybe it is simply "goods" to the breeder.
    • Providing the statement (notice) is served within 6 months of the default charge/s....so technically yes  I suppose they could serve notice that way providing that said statements are given promptly ...monthly bi monthly etc.   I really wouldn't be digging too deep into the legislation...keep your claim to a general holistic claim
    • I know that it sounds extraordinary that one could bring a claim for far more than the cost of the goods or the service – but I hope you won't mind me saying that you have misunderstood the purpose of contractual damages. It's all about remedying the breach. This means that if you sue in negligence or some other tort, to remedy the breach you have to put the injured party back into the position that they were in before the breach occurred – so that effectively there is no breach. Contract damages are intended to remedy the breach. This means that you have to put the injured party into the position they would have been had there been no breach. The parties intended that there would be a sale of a dog without any existing defects. The breach of contract was that the dog came with defects. In order to remedy that breach and put the dog into the condition that it should have been – that both contracting parties expected it to be in – in other words with no dental problem, it means that damages will have to be calculated according to the cost of putting that defect right. I know this might sound strange that you could claim such a high amount – and I'm sure that a judge would be very cautious and worried about it but if the level of damages could be properly substantiated then I think the judge would have no option. If you'd like to look at a similar disproportionate level of damages – but which might be more palatable to you, imagine wedding photos. You commission somebody to take photographs of your wedding – and in fact because of some failure by the photographer, none of the photographs come out. The cost of the photographer might have been £500 for the wedding. Are you entitled to claim your £500 back? Yes of course. However does this compensate you for the loss of these photographs which were intended to become a special souvenir of this once-in-a-lifetime experience and which would be circulated to friends and also passed on to children and grandchildren. No, £500 certainly doesn't. Of course assessing the value of lost wedding photographs is going to be very difficult but at the end of the day, a judge will have to come up with a formula. Normally speaking if you sued for loss of wedding photographs then you would have to claim for a sum "not exceeding £X X X – in the discretion of the court". In fact dealing with this puppy is far easier because you are not speculating on the value of the bonding and the irreplaceable nature of the puppy. You are simply coming up with the cost of necessary dental work to put the dog into the condition that it should have been had there been no breach of contract. It's much easier to calculate this loss then it is to calculate the loss of wedding photos – but I will bet anybody who reads this, that you will find it far more acceptable to claim for the sentimental value of lost wedding photographs then you will to claim for the cost of repairing a dog's dental problems.  
    • Thanks LFI, the more ammunition the better, and I am always grateful for that.
    • Thanks DX i was a bit hasty posting it up.   Mind you, legal letters are just so unconventional the way key dates just blend into text. In any other kind of letters these dates would be given paragraphs on their own. This is the legal world I am now well and truly entrenched in though!   Anyway, I'll keep reading up on the website, and as you say this forum.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
BankFodder

Martin Kay's memorial fund - now closed. Total about £3000. Thank you

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2693 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just donated. RIP Martin, wish it could have been more but I am disabled & hubby has gone from earning good money to minimum wage...

Rest in peace Mr Kay, a thoroughly decent and honourable gent who will be sorely missed by many.

Please pass my condolences to his nearest and dearest.

[full name is fine]

Phil

Rest in Peace Mr Kay. Thanks for looking out for the little people & working so tirelessly for some people who never knew just how much you did for them. Please send my condolences to his family

[Full name is fine]

Duc

Thank you, all.

Thank you Daniella, what a lovely reply. You are right. Like Tesco are so fond of saying, every little helps.

Like you said even £1 would help towards the funds.

Received. Thanks

Done. Rest In Peace Martin Kay - Condolences to his family, friends and co-CAG workers

CAG is a rare source of strength and support to stand up to exploitation and bureaucractic intimidation, for that I am always grateful.

With Respect

Done. Thank you Martin for all the help and strength given to so many people. RIP.

Have sent a small donation, transaction no. 8CV13600B4552714S. Sorry it's not more; sorry he's gone. It's fine to use my real name.

My condolences to his family.

Rest in peace, Martin xx

Done. Rest In Peace Martin Kay - Condolences to his family, friends and co-CAG workers

CAG is a rare source of strength and support to stand up to exploitation and bureaucractic intimidation, for that I am always grateful.

With Respect

Done. Thank you Martin for all the help and strength given to so many people. RIP.

Have sent a small donation, transaction no. 8CV13600B4552714S. Sorry it's not more; sorry he's gone. It's fine to use my real name.

My condolences to his family.

Rest in peace, Martin xx

Received. Thank you

Done. Sorry it's not much as Martin helped me and my OH to sleep again at night.

RIP Martin

Maybe

Thank you Daniella, what a lovely reply. You are right. Like Tesco are so fond of saying, every little helps.

Like you said even £1 would help towards the funds.

I couldn't have put it better myself. :-)

There could be people who'd like to make a small donation but think they can't because "they" (the CAG team) would think they were being tight. The CAG team and Martin would never, ever think like that. This is a very generous-spirited forum, thank heaven.

Every donation is important and is appreciated. Everyone is well aware that many people on this forum have great difficulty making ends meet. Even small donations are appreciated because we all know what it has cost those donors to make them.

Have made a small donation. [first name only please]

Thank you to Martin and everyone contributing for all your hard work.

Small donation made. Up until his sad demise, I was not aware of Martin being one of the founders of this site.

The site has helped us out immeasurably, so only fair to help in a good cause. We know how much funerals cost having lost my mum last July.

RIP Martin. Condolences to his family.

Donation given real name ok to be used

RIP Martin, sorely missed already

Thanks for a memorable birthday in 2006 x

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

Just made our donation, hope Martin has a great send off, a true loss, may he rest in peace.

Sincere Condolences. Sincere condolences from me & family. Made our small contribution.

Donation given real name ok to be used

RIP Martin, sorely missed already

Thanks for a memorable birthday in 2006 x

Just made our donation, hope Martin has a great send off, a true loss, may he rest in peace.

received. Thanks

Have made a small donation. [first name only please]

Thank you to Martin and everyone contributing for all your hard work.

Small donation made. Up until his sad demise, I was not aware of Martin being one of the founders of this site.

The site has helped us out immeasurably, so only fair to help in a good cause. We know how much funerals cost having lost my mum last July.

RIP Martin. Condolences to his family.

Thank you very much

Sad to know Martin's demise. Very hard to fill the space left by people like him who stand up for ordinary people's fight against the ills of the system.

Name is fine.

:rip: Martin

Sad to know Martin's demise. Very hard to fill the space left by people like him who stand up for ordinary people's fight against the ills of the system.

Name is fine.

:rip: Martin

Thank you

Donation made with thanks for help and support given, the world needs people that are prepared to help others!

Please do not use real name.

Halifax Card (OH) -2.9% reinstated - Sucess!

Santander/House of Fraser (1) PPI Refund plus 8% plus LOC

Santander/House of Fraser (2) PPI Refunded plus 8% plus LOC

Penalty Charge Notice - Representation accepted and PN cancelled - £120

A donation has been made with gratitude to Martin for all his hard work. In their grief I hope his family can be comforted to know how much Martin has helped countless people he has never met, and thereby changed their lives. Not many of us can say that. That is his legacy.

Donation made with thanks for help and support given, the world needs people that are prepared to help others!

Please do not use real name.

A donation has been made with gratitude to Martin for all his hard work. In their grief I hope his family can be comforted to know how much Martin has helped countless people he has never met, and thereby changed their lives. Not many of us can say that. That is his legacy.

Thank you

What lovely words about Martin. I do hope his family will read them and see how many people really valued him and cared about him.

Made a small donation - like others I do wish I could afford more. Sincere condolences - Martin's good work lives on in this forum.

Small donation, but big thanks from us for being here, Rest well

Thank you everyone.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2693 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you