• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Martin Kay's memorial fund - now closed. Total about £3000. Thank you

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just donated. RIP Martin, wish it could have been more but I am disabled & hubby has gone from earning good money to minimum wage...

Rest in peace Mr Kay, a thoroughly decent and honourable gent who will be sorely missed by many.

Please pass my condolences to his nearest and dearest.

[full name is fine]

Phil

Rest in Peace Mr Kay. Thanks for looking out for the little people & working so tirelessly for some people who never knew just how much you did for them. Please send my condolences to his family

[Full name is fine]

Duc

Thank you, all.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Daniella, what a lovely reply. You are right. Like Tesco are so fond of saying, every little helps.

Like you said even £1 would help towards the funds.

Received. Thanks

Done. Rest In Peace Martin Kay - Condolences to his family, friends and co-CAG workers

CAG is a rare source of strength and support to stand up to exploitation and bureaucractic intimidation, for that I am always grateful.

With Respect

Done. Rest In Peace Martin Kay - Condolences to his family, friends and co-CAG workers

CAG is a rare source of strength and support to stand up to exploitation and bureaucractic intimidation, for that I am always grateful.

With Respect

Done. Thank you Martin for all the help and strength given to so many people. RIP.

Have sent a small donation, transaction no. 8CV13600B4552714S. Sorry it's not more; sorry he's gone. It's fine to use my real name.

My condolences to his family.

Rest in peace, Martin xx

Received. Thank you

Thank you Daniella, what a lovely reply. You are right. Like Tesco are so fond of saying, every little helps.

Like you said even £1 would help towards the funds.

I couldn't have put it better myself. :-)

There could be people who'd like to make a small donation but think they can't because "they" (the CAG team) would think they were being tight. The CAG team and Martin would never, ever think like that. This is a very generous-spirited forum, thank heaven.

Every donation is important and is appreciated. Everyone is well aware that many people on this forum have great difficulty making ends meet. Even small donations are appreciated because we all know what it has cost those donors to make them.

Small donation made. Up until his sad demise, I was not aware of Martin being one of the founders of this site.

The site has helped us out immeasurably, so only fair to help in a good cause. We know how much funerals cost having lost my mum last July.

RIP Martin. Condolences to his family.

Sincere Condolences. Sincere condolences from me & family. Made our small contribution.

Donation given real name ok to be used

RIP Martin, sorely missed already

Thanks for a memorable birthday in 2006 x

Just made our donation, hope Martin has a great send off, a true loss, may he rest in peace.

received. Thanks

Have made a small donation. [first name only please]

Thank you to Martin and everyone contributing for all your hard work.

Small donation made. Up until his sad demise, I was not aware of Martin being one of the founders of this site.

The site has helped us out immeasurably, so only fair to help in a good cause. We know how much funerals cost having lost my mum last July.

RIP Martin. Condolences to his family.

Thank you very much

Sad to know Martin's demise. Very hard to fill the space left by people like him who stand up for ordinary people's fight against the ills of the system.

Name is fine.

:rip: Martin

Thank you

Donation made with thanks for help and support given, the world needs people that are prepared to help others!

Please do not use real name.

Halifax Card (OH) -2.9% reinstated - Sucess!

Santander/House of Fraser (1) PPI Refund plus 8% plus LOC

Santander/House of Fraser (2) PPI Refunded plus 8% plus LOC

Penalty Charge Notice - Representation accepted and PN cancelled - £120

A donation has been made with gratitude to Martin for all his hard work. In their grief I hope his family can be comforted to know how much Martin has helped countless people he has never met, and thereby changed their lives. Not many of us can say that. That is his legacy.

Donation made with thanks for help and support given, the world needs people that are prepared to help others!

Please do not use real name.

A donation has been made with gratitude to Martin for all his hard work. In their grief I hope his family can be comforted to know how much Martin has helped countless people he has never met, and thereby changed their lives. Not many of us can say that. That is his legacy.

Thank you

Thank you everyone.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks