style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yep. Normally the car is covered for 3 years. This is normally comprehensive cover. If it isnt, then it will detail it in the warranty.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

matters not about any warranty

this is IN ADDITION to you rights under SOGA.

as its a NEW CAR

go get 'em under SOGA.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As long as youve had the car serviced to manufacturer recommendations theh yes, your starter motor should be covered under warranty

Even if you haven't had the car serviced yet as it is only 13 months old, if they wanted to claim the warrantly was void because it should have been serviced at 12 months, they would also have to demonstrate that by missing that service it had a direct effect on the failure of the part. Starter motor is nothing to do with "normal" servicing so they'd be on a loser with that one.

Even if you haven't had the car serviced yet as it is only 13 months old, if they wanted to claim the warrantly was void because it should have been serviced at 12 months, they would also have to demonstrate that by missing that service it had a direct effect on the failure of the part. Starter motor is nothing to do with "normal" servicing so they'd be on a loser with that one.

I completely agree, but the OP wouldn't want the ford garage to have ANY ammunition to oppose him on getting a new starter motor - he is definitely entitled to it being fixed, but he wouldn't want them comnig up with the 'lack of service' exceuse and getting into a fight about it, that's all.

Good luck for tomorrow, hopefully all will be ok but if you do have any problems have a rant on the Ford facebook page and someone should respond to you pretty quickly and help you get it sorted. Its amazing how helpful companies can be when complaints are out there for all to see!

Jennie

`THANK YOU to all with this thread,

Result was I actually needed a new battery, and as the the car is 13 months old the battery guarantee has run,out,

however as a gesture of goodwill they would give 60% discount of the new battery and it would have a 3 year guarantee.

My reply was do not talk so much Crap,

SOGA,quite clear the battery was not for for purpose,need a new one NOW,end result,New Battery fitted.Thanks once again,pleased with the result

Kind Regards

FS

good result.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Purchased a car Jun2012 from well known Ford Group,clearing some files out today and I noticed the car check list for delivery states (box ticked) that the car comes with spare wheel and jack,this is incorrect as like many newish cars these days it does not have a spare wheel just the usual stupid puncture repair unit.Before I write to them any thoughts on how I stand,or is it down to my stupidity.

Thanks

FS

If you are referring to the list that the garage would have marked as they handed the car over, I would guess it doesn't count for much really. I suspect some numpty in the back of the garage was told to PDI the car and just automatically goes down the list and ticks everything the same for any car they are prepping irrelavent of whether there are differences on cars.