style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there

i would like your help and advice please

my sister in law was stoped in a debenhams store by the security of the store and the police was called.

she had her baby with her so the police let go her with a fine of £80

i was surprised about this cos she is not a bad person never had any problem she is more of a housewife as she has 3 kids and my brother to look after cos he is ill.,

anyway she did pay the fine but she's been so down since than and scared

if debenhams will send any more bills she doesn't want her husband to find out??

my question is what will hapen?

she also was benned from debenhams they said forever but in a ban leter they gave her it only says 12 months??

and will they put any picture of hers on the walls of the store??

baring in mind she had never any ppicture taken only cctv i think was in opertaion ??

kind regards

Nothing will happen. The police have already dealt with it. Debenhams wont issue any other bills. They have no reason to.

As for debenhams, i would stay away from the store for a good while. There are plenty of other shops around. Eventually she can go back there, but if you go back too soon, she may get arrested again for trespassing.

As for pictures on walls, they dont do that. The cctv image is held on the shops computers and 99.9% of the time, the guards are reliant on their own memory.

You may be surprised about it all, but remember, for the police to issue a fine, then they had good reason to do so.

I think the best thing to do is to put it all behind her and move on with her life. Should anything come in the post, then post back.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Anyone could issue a claim against another person. However, for a claim to succeed they would need a solid basis. They dont have one.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Yep. Ignore it.

They could, but i guarantee they wont. Mainly because they have no basis for a claim. As far as debenhams AND the police are concerned, the matter has been dealt with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello there

Update;

As for these case X changed address (moved) has just been to check for any old post and found two letters from rlp basically asking for the outstanding amount and letting know that ignoring these letters will make things worse and maybe theyr client may take actions and go to court as they gave rlp her details.

Any advice?

Ignore them. Notice the use of IF, May etc.

Just ignore them and theyll go away. There is absolutely NOTHING these idiots can do to you. Google RLP's oxford case. It makes for some good reading.

Hi renegade,

Don't want to be alarmist but I work in several High Street stores and supermarkets and some, not all, do have pictures on the walls identifying people who have been banned. Also ones of repeat know shoplifters.

Have to agree with that - I have seen this in stores too - photos, names, dates and details of what was stolen.

Still doesn't make any claim legitimate though.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Have to agree with that - I have seen this in stores too - photos, names, dates and details of what was stolen.

Still doesn't make any claim legitimate though.

Wow?? really?? in which stores may I ask??

Im pretty sure this is a breach of data protection and can cause a major disruption in any law.... I would look into that much further, as all people arrested have there pics on the police data, and after careful consideration and legit reasons issued to stores that work within a citybeat (kinda like neighbour hood watch) but not to be shown to anyone outside of the work force that hasnt signed a data protection act form....... This is serious, please let me know which stores do this, I will personally take legal action against them....

It's not available to anybody outside of the security office.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!