Debt collectors chasing 17 year old...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a friend who has just had a baby, she's 17 and had to have an emergency Caesarian section, next day drugged up and with a premature baby she was approached in the special care section and asked if she wanted some photos.

First 'proof' was free and buy any extras, there was no paperwork, but they had her address.

A heap of photos have arrived with a bill for about £100.

Apart from being stunned that the hospital allow these ambulance chasers in a secure ward (a letter is to be sent to my MP about that)

As there was no paperwork and she was only 17, I'm guessing its a 'get lost/prove it' letter?

Andrew

Escaped the DCA nightmare, now helping others start businesses

www.ukleakdetection.co.uk

Absolutely. Anybody under 18 cannot usually be held liable for a 'debt' so tell them to do one! Write denying any debt, and that there was no contract or agreement to buy photos.

Who is the debt collector out of interest?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I have a friend who has just had a baby, she's 17 and had to have an emergency Caesarian section, next day drugged up and with a premature baby she was approached in the special care section and asked if she wanted some photos.

First 'proof' was free and buy any extras, there was no paperwork, but they had her address.

A heap of photos have arrived with a bill for about £100.

Apart from being stunned that the hospital allow these ambulance chasers in a secure ward (a letter is to be sent to my MP about that)

As there was no paperwork and she was only 17, I'm guessing its a 'get lost/prove it' letter?

She can technically agree to buy items under 18, providing that she understood the cost and how it would work. It is only credit arrangements that you can't enter into until you are 18.

Suggest that she sends the photos backs by recorded delivery and explains that she did not agree to buy any photographs. That she is a 17 year old girl, who had just woken, after recovering from a Caesarian section, when the person approached her. Advise them that she will contact the Hospital authorities, Trading Standard and her local MP, if anymore is heard about this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Suggest that she sends the photos backs by recorded delivery and explains that she did not agree to buy any photographs. That she is a 17 year old girl, who had just woken, after recovering from a Caesarian section, when the person approached her. Advise them that she will contact the Hospital authorities, Trading Standard and her local MP, if anymore is heard about this.

She doesn't even have to return them, technically they are unsolicited goods, if they want her to send them back, they should provide a pre-paid label or come and collect them. It does sound like quite the con, actually, so I would also notify the police, because that sounds decidedly shifty.

Hi

Also onto UncleBs advice on a letter to that company request clarification as to who at that Hospital gave that company authorisation to be on these hospitals premises on a Secured Ward.

and at the very end of the letter put:

cc: Patient Liasion Dept (Full Hospital Address)

(Note - Then send the Hospital a copy of that letter with a complaint to the hospital Patient liasion)

Try to do both letters and send them at the same time if possible keep everything in writing and always get Proof of Posting.

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Is there no dignity anymore?

Not only a formal complaint to the Hospital, your/her local MP, but get this put in the public domain, inform the local press/media, this should never be allowed to happen, sounds like someone is getting a back hander here?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Is the company who did the photos called Bounty? If so then they are allowed in maternity units as they offer a 'service' to new mums which includes photographs of your newborn and the such like. After I had my son I filled out a form whilst in hospital but declined the photos - Bounty then gave my details out to other companies despite me asking them not too by ticking the relevant box and I had months of unwanted phone calls etc. When I had my daughter the lady from Bounty was told (very strongly) to go away

Is the company who did the photos called Bounty? If so then they are allowed in maternity units as they offer a 'service' to new mums which includes photographs of your newborn and the such like.

If an NHS Trust has entered into some sort of agreement with such a company, there should be boundaries within which the company should operate. A FOI request would probably be most revealing, as it would also show what the Trust are getting from the deal.Personally I find it morally reprehensible that NHS Trusts should seek to exploit patients by entering into commercial arrangements with such companies.

Just pointing out that you will find Bounty Representatives on pretty much every maternity ward in the country. I don't know the ins and outs of their agreement with the NHS. I'm also not saying that what they did was right at all - if the girl in question was obviously groggy/dosed up on pain meds so not quite 'all there' at the time then the Bounty Rep in question shouldn't have pushed these photos on her.

Hi

Are they the St Ives, Cornwall, TR26 3HU ones by any chance?

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Hi

Well have a look at this link: http://www.tempest-babys.co.uk/lemon/index.php

This is from there Terms & Conditions:

Returns Policy

If you are unhappy with the pack of photographs you received, please return these within 14 days. Please use the Original Delivery Box and the postage paid address label provided. Please ensure you get a post office stamp on the return card provided, as your proof of posting. This stamp will not incur any additional cost to you.

If you make a payment for your photographs and decide you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, return your complete pack of photographs in the original condition within 28 days and we’ll give you a full refund.

Please note: Photographs, cards, keepsake folder and packaging must be in the original condition. Please use the Original Delivery Box and the postage paid address label provided. Please ensure you get a post office stamp on the return card provided, as your proof of posting. This stamp will not incur any additional cost to you.

Returns Address:

Baby’s First Portrait

St Ives

Cornwall

TR26 3HU

Plot thickens as they have no first name on the letters but the original form has a first name printed instead of a signature filled in by the agent.

Who in turn used the private patient records to introduce herself!!!!

I'll scan the letters....

Andrew

Escaped the DCA nightmare, now helping others start businesses

www.ukleakdetection.co.uk

Hi

I refered to that page only not to do with payment but as it specifically has Baby details on that page with the costs and their terms & conditions for reference thats all.