Mortgage PPI Claim Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

recieved a letter from halifax basically saying they are not upholding my claim for a return of mis sold PPI, this followed a telephone call from halifax which the lady asked if I remember as far back as 2002 when I took my mortgage out, I cut the conversation there and I advised the Halifax lady to speak to The claims guys reference my claim, can any body advise weather the Halifax are playing hardball or is this a process that they follow in order to try and stop or delay my claim? Oh they did enclose the FSO booklet and the letter seemed A-Typical bog standard letter that I am probably n ot the only person to haqve received? any wisdom would be most welcome. Thank You:-x

LETS ROCK !!!:D :D :D

Been there - done that - still doing it.

Let me guess, your refusal letter wasn't final - it said "If you do not agree with my decision please contact us on....". Not dealing with Mrs Williams by any chance, are you? This is a favourite ploy - ringing and asking questions and then refusing.

They have failed to answer two more letters from me containing additional medical information. I made a formal complaint last week and a SAR is off to them today.

It wouldn't surprise me me if, after getting into so much PPI trouble due to paying staff bonuses for mis-selling, they are now paying staff bonuses for finding any reason to refuse claims.

Hi Let Them Knock, thank you for your reply, my letter off jennifer smith, customer services. it seems a bog standard type letter, it does say I have 28 days to call them if unhappy or FOS within 6 months lol

It will be a fairly standard letter. First off - DO NOT SPEAK WITH THEM BY TELEPHONE., Keep everything in writing and keep copies of everything. If you do go to the FOS this will all help you.

It seems they telephone a lot of claimants - always 'just a couple of quick questions'. These are loaded questions to help them to refuse the claim.

Have you made the claim yourself or through a Claims Management Company? If you have used a one you need to read their small print to ensure that you won't end-up sorting this out for yourself and then still having to pay them their percentage (+VAT).

If you end up with a complaint to the FOS, be aware that, unless you are a 'hardship case', it is currently taking them up to 12 months to resolve claims at present. The FOS do uphold the vast majority of appeals made to them.

I wrote back to Halifax with more medical evidence and didn't even get a reply. I followed that up with another letter and still no reply. I have recently sent a formal complaint. If (when?) I go to the FOS this will help me to show their inefficiency or lack of care.

I have also just sent them a 'Subject Access Request' so they have to provide me with all the information they hold. When I get it I will read it to decide how best to word an appeal to the FOS because it looks like I will be making one.

In my opinion that Halifax are turning down a lot of claims, many for little reason.

I guess there thinking is:

The claimant used a CMC so they don't know how to do this for themselves or lack confidence.

We will kick the claim into touch to get the CMC out of the picture.

The claimant will just give up and go away because they think that is the end of the matter.

Personally, I was about 13 the last time I gave in to a bully. I may not win this one (who knows - the odds are in my favour) but the bar-stewards will certainly know they have been in a fight.

EDIT. Just checked the FOS statistics and figures - Lloyds Bank (parent company of Halifax) have a very poor record with the FOS. 98% of PPI appeals found in the claimant's favour - details here: http://www.ombudsman-complaints-data.org.uk/- click on the 'resolved' tab.

Edited by Let Them Knock
Edited with more info