• Tweets

• So Conniff,   You Brexiters kept up with your: * We hold all the cards * They need us more than we need them * We have all the money * We can have our cake and eat it, * and if we cant so what, everyone else in the world will be queuing up to trade with us on our terms and when challenged on that with facts - you just didnt (and dont) respond with anything but your empty sound bites Now you whine that 'the EU is bullying us,  ... (ROFL) you sound like some schoolyard bully who has shot his big mouth off and got a bit of a slap when his bluff is called.   whats next? 'how could we ever have known' .. despite it all being here in these threads and obvious to anyone with a brain. - Thats about par for the populist type isnt it?   So despite 'holding all the cards' .. You manage to clutch a crushing defeat from the jaws of your false victory, and your 'deals across the world' are small and massively in the other countries favor while damaging UK industry phuuuut   Enjoy your empty sound bite sandwichs  
    • Tried to make purchase through their website using a gift card last week. It said there was an error processing payment (no further explanation). So I tried a different gift card, and it did the same with that one. Now I've checked the balances on the gift cards, and argos have debited both of them by the value of the item I was trying to buy (one of). Nor order confirmation text or email, not showing on my account anywhere, so by their records it appears the order never went through despite them taking the money twice.   And now it seems there is no way to contact Argos to try and resolve the matter - their online chat is just a bot that ends the converastion without being any use at all. And their customer services phone number hangs up if you don't have an order number to give it. Where the hell do you address complaints to this catastrophe of a company??
    • Thank you for your reply.    I have read some information on applying to have a ccj set-aside and one of the reasons you could potentially have it set aside is because you did not receive the original paperwork which I have emails dating back to 2018 which state I never received the paperwork and I did ask parking eye for another copy to be issued so I could appeal to POPLA. I never received the paperwork from the court, I had to contact the courts directly to query the CCJ, again I have an email thread showing this.    I have never disputed the amount that is owed as I did park for 12 minutes without a ticket, this was at 4am and I thought the carpark was owned by Manchester City Council who provide free parking between 8pm and 8am - I was wrong.    What information would I need to provide to the courts to have the CCJ set aside based on the fact that I did not receive the original paperwork.         
    • Hi, I've posted about my issues with British gas business electricity supply before, but I think this deserves a new post since it's a different question. Short version, I've long standing (2007) issues with British gas and their miss billing and have been to court 13 times for their disconnection warrants. On the times they actually showed up AND it went to the magistrates (twice) the magistrates have sided with me on both occasions, once I presented my evidence. BGB don't keep records far enough back so they're winging it at this point. I did use the ombudsman, but they failed me massively, contradicting themselves in their overly late response, and have been unwilling to listen to my complaints. They (bgb) have now sent the account to Arvato financial solutions (debt collectors). When they announced they (bgb) would do so, I contacted them by email to raise another complaint, giving them one last chance to sort things out. I received one missed call before they sent it over. No emails other than auto generated ones. I will not deal with them on the phone. I have three questions: Firstly, If/when it goes to court again, will i be able to turn up in person, and is it likely to be near me or will I have to travel? Ideally I would like to be there, but I have everything in writing if not. Secondly, what should my next step be? I've considered a proof of debt letter, but since they are only addressing the business (ltd) and not myself, I would need to write it as the business. I'm not giving them any personal details. They are already harassing my phone. Thirdly, Do arvato now have the account, and is my debt with bgb cleared? And if so, who is then responsible for my not insignificant costs for appearing in court all those times? I won, after all.
    • There are mandatory reasons why a set-aside should be granted, but the situation you describe doesn’t fall within those.   So, you’d have to ask for a discretionary set-aside. a) these need to be applied for ‘promptly’ b) if you paid it off, rather than applying for a set-aside, you’d be hard pushed to persuade the court you didn’t owe it.   This late, and having paid it off rather than asking for the set-aside previously, you have 2 hopes. “Bob Hope and no hope. Further, Bob Hope is deceased”   You’d have to pay an application fee (if not fee exempt), and I think it’d be a waste of time, for the reasons stated.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Richard III dig: DNA confirms bones are king's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

LOL!!! I love it. :)

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops: