What a Load of Tosh!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wanna say what a load of crap these credit files are!! I have 2 Mobile phone contracts, a store card, 3 credit cards, 2 bank accounts and a next catalogue, all of which have an excellent history (never miss a payment etc) I have lost count of the amount of times my cards have been maxed out and paid back!

A payment was made on a credit card that I no longer use and I was unaware (£15) so i missed the payment for 2 months. £15 became £62 and I paid it in full, but now I can't get a loan for a car over a £15 website renewal when my credit cards have thousands paid on and off them every month (I use them as my company credit cards buy stock etc)

Does anyone else think this is ridiculous?

Me Vs ICS = 1-0

Me Vs BT = 1-0

Me Vs UKPC = 1-0

Me Vs 3 = 0-1 :-(

Yes this seems a bit unfair. If I were you, I would write to the credit card company, explaining why these payments were missed, and ask them to ammend the missed payment marker, at the very least, you can add a "notice of dispute" to your credit file, so that companys can see why the marker is there.

• 2 months later...

I am inclined to agree with you - I recently accessed my credit reports from Experion and Equifax using the 30 day free credit offer.

Experion gave me a near excellent score of 906. Equifax gave me a really POO score of poor - 305. Both showed the same issues - a couple of defaults and not being on the electoral role. Defaults are almost about to be erased under 6 years limit. Also a sum od £412 Barclays have decided I owe - they created an overdraft facility for me for some reason after I had not used the account for years and they had offset £1000 from it! Most of this is now charges of £22 per week.

I also have completely clean mobile accounts as well as a never near overdraft bank account plus various loans over the years fully paid up on time.

I would imagine that if I was trying to get credit I would have to ask the lender which credit scoring company they use - what an incredible farce! I will cancel both tomorrow before I break out in a furious rash!

I think you are missing the point the CRAs are reporting the data provided by YOUR creditors if you have a problem with on e account eg a late payment or two it wiil be reported.

It must be remembered that the'' credit score '' is a day to day indication for the data subject to see how a credit app may be considered by a potential lender.

Many factors will lower the score!

As to the missed payments take it up with the card provider it posted the data in accordance with the Ts & Cs of the original agreement so this must be taken up with them it is NOT the CRAs fault here.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: